An "update" without a real "update"

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by wazupwiop, April 14, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I had an idea for how to update the game without using a DLC or an actual update from XBL. When looking through XBL Arcade games, I noticed that you could by addons for the game. If the developers could put the patch inside of an addon, that might be a way to get the game updated sooner rather than later. In the addon, you could put in an extra map or two, possibly an extra class, maybe some matchmaking changes, and some balance changes.

After releasing the addon, you could have a message pop up on the screen when you get to the main menu of MNC that says "There is a necessary addon to play this game online. To get the addon go here, it costs (put amount of XBL points here) and will enhance your gaming experience greatly."

I don't even know if this will work, but it seems like it might be a possible fix for updating the game. I would be interested in buying this addon if it was even possible to update the game through it.

I do have one request though. Please make a way to create a map and play it online with friends. I think it would be awesome if users could create maps to play online with others. It would add a new element to the game. I think that a user could create half of a map and the other half would be generated based on the first half, this would lead to a balanced map with a touch of new, and the developers wouldn't have to make the maps themselves, just a map creator for the gamers and fans of the game.
  2. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

There is no such thing as updates on xbox they are only myth's just like the holocaust.
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

they should have done this with the spunky cola update.
  4. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Like I said, I don't know if what I suggested is even possible. If MS has "rules" concerning what, when, and how a game can be edited, it may not work. However, if there are no exact "rules" concerning addons, I think Uber should release the updates as an addon.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Add-on - aka DLC. DLC = Downloadable Content.

Microsoft, for some reason, does not allow a "Title Patch" to be included in "DLC." Case in point every DLC launched on 360. I.E in CoD [Player Name] does not have map pack. *DLC disabled.

Title updates are automatic when you launch the game. Clear your cache and then run the list of your games, you will be prompt to update and if you decline Xbl for that game will be disabled.

So yes, it's already like this.
    ;)
  6. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Wtf dude. Wtf.
  7. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

:lol:
    :shock:
    :?
    :oops:
    :|
    :arrow:
  8. DeadStretch

Oh I didn't see that map editor part... I asked this question awhile ago and, I believe, it was Ben would told me something along the lines of the way they made the game couldn't support it.

Now in the sequel of MNC it could be possible. I have played many of console games with map editors. If you've ever played TimeSplitters and seen their map editor I think that would work perfectly for MNC. It was a grid based editor and had hundreds of pre-made objects.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Something that's a necessity to play the game costing MSP? Bad idea.
  10. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I know, but the devs already said that the DLC wouldn't be free.
  11. F5in

F5in New Member

Yeah, the DLC, not the necessary update that will (or should) come with it. The update will be free and the DLC will cost money.
  12. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Red Dead Redemption's "Undead Nightmare" says hello, as with all DLCs for Fallout 3. As they were both released as stand alone retail discs.

So I'm SURE, when given the chance (which is LIKELY), Uber would be able to release a standalone disc with add-ons and updates on it. It's really the only solution here.
  13. DeadStretch

Says hello to what?
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Hmmmmm..... updates by CD sound interesting. I think that would be perfect honestly. Uber could set up an online store and sell the CD's strait to your home.
  15. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Do the PC players have to pay for the DLC as well?
  16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

What do you think?
  17. KingHaysey

KingHaysey New Member

So you're saying we have to buy the dlc or we can't play MNC anymore? I dont like. Sure charging for DLC is fine but it shouldn't stop you from playing the game.