An issue with the number of capture controls and screen anchors

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kylelewissison, May 2, 2014.

1. kylelewissison

kylelewissison New Member

The number of capture controls should be more than 0-9 (10 total). Many times while playing I am knowledged not enough capture controls are programmed for what I want to do while playing. I request the number of capture controls is increased to 15 or 20 or 25 and I request the number of screen anchors is also increased to the number of increased capture controls. Whether or not the game is released, marketed, and the game is programmed for 10 total capture controls and 10 total screen anchors, while the game is Gamma very probably the people playing could use the increased number of capture controls and screen anchors for ensuring knowledge of balance issues of the units, and what is or is not impossible during what time of a match regarded of the beginning of the match.

If the number of capture controls and screen anchors is not increased then I ask why is the number of capture controls and screen anchors not increased?

_____
    Edit: 2014/06/02.
    I added two pictures of the Key Assigned Commands I request.

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 2, 2014
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You can actually have millions of them, but you probably don't have that many keys on your keyboard. How would you like the user interface to be set up for something like that?
    SXX likes this.
  3. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

As the captain already stated, such things are usually limited only by the amount of keys on your keyboard (which you can easily reach) not being infinite.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Maybe the options UI should allow for them up to 25, leave them empty, and leave that open ended for you.

Technically, every unit command button doesn't work unless clicked, so adding those on top of ALT, SHIFT, and CTRL don't overlap anything. You won't hold shift to press those, you will hold shift to click those, and even then most people use mouse to select commands from bar.
  5. cptconundrum

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Right now control groups are set with ctrl+[0-9] and recalled with [0-9]. I could add more, but ctrl+25 isn't really possible.

Are you saying to also have alt+[0-9] set groups 10-19 that can be recalled with shift+[0-9]?
  6. thetrophysystem

That overlaps camera anchors. I am also saying have... what, if patrol was K, have ctrl+k set a group and shift+k select the group, as they don't overlap patrol select, but you only use the shift-click, just the k button by itself.

It does overlap a bit, but I believe there are keyboards with special keys anyway. Point is, if the options have 1-25 on groups and camera anchors, it can leave the current 0-9, and leave the rest blank without a default key so if the player wants it they either have to do something crazy or have a larger keyboard to map them.
  7. cptconundrum

That would get confusing really fast if you have control group hotkeys spread out all over the keyboard. The limit on control groups is already extremely high (billions), so all it will take is a mod to add something more to the ui.
    SXX likes this.
  8. thetrophysystem

Exactly. I just suggest that instead of a modder, they add 25 slots to the vanilla game, and leave 11-25 blank. At least that is simple and caters to the request.

Yes, that adds 25 slots, but the hotkey screen is HUGE, it needs to be sectional like the hotkey2 tab is. Camera anchors needs to be a button you click to access all the blanks. Even with 10. That should be how camera anchors, camera recall, group assign, and group select options are accessed, that reduces 40 current spaces into 4. Besides that, you can group command bar commands (patrol, move, reclaim) hotkeys, and build hotkeys (should be vanilla), and "how the game acts" toggles. That cuts down about 80 to 8?
    kylelewissison likes this.
  9. kylelewissison

kylelewissison New Member

I request 25 hotkeys of the original game pre-mod. Now I could use an extra 8 hotkeys while using the current hotkeys I am totaling 18 of 25. If 25 hotkeys of the original game pre-mod is actually occurring then I would be using 1 2 3 4 5 q w e r t a s d f z x c v rather than 2 3 4 5 w e r d f c.

I think the number of camera anchors should be the same amount as the hotkeys for reason if multiple planets are battled on in a solar system then a person could press 25 camera recalls and view 25 different areas of planets in a solar system within a few seconds and be knowledged of what is occurring at 25 different areas. The more planets battled on then the more benefit occurring for a player.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think many people are able to keep even 10 camera positions in their head. 25? wow
    I struggle with using a 4th location currently.
  11. thetrophysystem

me too.
  12. cptconundrum

The problem is that a lot of those keys are already used for something else. [0-9] is probably good enough for most people, so I really think additional control groups/camera anchors should be left to mods. Besides, mods are really easy to install in PA!
  13. thetrophysystem

Well, yeah. I am not saying add them and map their keys. I am saying add them and leave their controls blank. Because as you said, normal people can't use more than 5, and normal keyboards don't have more than 10.
  14. cptconundrum

Yeah, your idea would make for a good mod. It looked like Kyle was asking for the hotkeys to be pre-set by default though.
  15. thetrophysystem

What they would map it to, would be intrusive and he would probably map it to his special keypad usb device thingy.

If they were added but empty, you could use them without mods. Either way, my original suggestion, was that they categorize the keys option, so it didn't sprawl 5 pages.
    corteks and cptconundrum like this.
  16. corteks

corteks Active Member

This would be amazing. Currently when I look at the key bindings I'm put off by how massive the list is and so figure I'll just keep watching for any posts on the forums that mention useful shortcuts :p