An invitation

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by cwarner7264, May 21, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Hi all,

With the Alpha release imminent, I am going to be in need of a few familiar faces to wage my wars with and against. I find it's more fun to play against people you know to some degree, and it adds an extra psychological element to gameplay.

With that in mind, I've racked my brains as to the best way to approach this, and have decided to make the best use of existing resources.

I founded a community called the Realm for the MMOFPS game Planetside 2 when it was released at the end of 2012, and we now have a few hundred members, and are still growing steadily - one of the most influential outfits on our server.

Given the amount of time I'm likely to be spending playing PA as of the start of June, I've decided that the Realm is going to move from being specific to a single game to being a multi-gaming community, and with that in mind I'd like to try and attract a few PA players in to start a sub-community.

There is also an ulterior motive to this - in view of the way that Galactic War is likely to be staged, I would very much like to be playing alongside a bunch of people who's minds and tactics I understand, and who I know are good team players.

We have a website at http://www.the-realm-online.co.uk - work is currently in progress on changing the layout and format of this site, and hopefully by the time Alpha is released in a couple of weeks, there will be a dedicated section for PA as well as numerous other games, including (at the request of some of our existing members) EVE Online, Dota 2, League of Legends, Civ V etc.

As it is, I know that a number of existing Realm members are PA backers, and we play a fair bit of Forged Alliance between us, with a wide spread of abilities.

We have a 24-hour Teamspeak 3 server, and a very friendly active bunch of people from across the globe.

If you're interested, I'd be pleased to hear either by PM or as a reply below. I'll be in touch with all the relevant details when the overhaul of our systems is complete and ready to accommodate you!

All the best,

Chris (TheWrongCat)
  2. Daddie

Daddie Member

I don't do multiplayer, I don't like it when others lose :mrgreen:
  3. Grimseff

Grimseff Member

I shall keep in mind about the existence of your group. ;)
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Not that interested in groups. But You'll find me easy enough anyways. Take a wild guess as to what I might call myself. ;)
  5. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Oh yeah we should talk about that. Please assume our desired in-game names are our forum names. At least for me and nanolathe.
  6. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I'll be in the alpha when it releases on steam, regretting not upgrading before the kickstarter ended though :X

I'm interested in competitive play, if anyone is willing to take someone who deliberately eschews mainstream tactics.
  7. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Not a fan of groups, but I'll probably be playing as bobnmike online. I hate AI, I always play multiplayer. My learning process is to go online right away and get my *** kicked a few times :D. But it works quite well.

Is there any way to change my forum name to bobnmike?
  8. cllrofwar

cllrofwar New Member

*Goes to website*

Yuk, NC scum!

*Takes PS2 hat off*

Hmmm will consider... but I doubt large galactic scale wars will be available from the get go on Alpha?
  9. cwarner7264

Freedom!

No, it won't be there from the get-go, but I like to plan things early and, as I said above, I like to play against people I know socially, as well as competitively :) It'll be good to get to know people before the Galactic War, too!
  10. aethersmite

aethersmite New Member

Well, consider me interested I guess. I'm not usually one for big gaming outfits, but who knows, it'll certainly be more fun than playing alone.
  11. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

What we should do on June 7 is, to celebrate PA, generate the smallest planet we possibly can, stick as many players as the servers will support on that planet, record the ensuing party and mail it to Uber.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  12. cwarner7264

I was of the same mindset - I'd never intended for this community to get as large as it has, it was initially just for me to play with IRL friends. Now I play nearly all my games with these guys ;)

I'll let you know when everything's been reformatted!
  13. cwarner7264

That actually sounds... quite fun. But probably quite a short game...
  14. framerterminater

framerterminater New Member

PA is definitely going to be one of my main games once alpha comes along. I have a strong preference for playing among buddies because we can help each other improve through both rivalry and advice. Also I prefer voice chat because you can get a lot more information across without the hassle of typing it out.

While I don't know if your group is the right fit for me I am definitely interested in checking it out. I tend to be an extremely active player that puts all my free time into gaming so more often than not the groups I join are simply not active enough to keep me interested.
  15. veta

veta Active Member

i don't care for clans but i'd join you guys for games on FA and PA.
  16. cwarner7264

Well that's the plan! It's more of a community than a clan and there's the option to play other games with people you (will get to) know too.
  17. cllrofwar

cllrofwar New Member

Colour me interested then :)

Will have another look at your NC-adorned website tonight fella.
  18. Dazzlington

Dazzlington New Member

Do you guys use raidcall, vent or teamspeak?
  19. cwarner7264

Teamspeak (I mentioned this in the OP ;))
  20. veta

veta Active Member

kool, let me know when you guys want to FA - it'll probably be a while before Alpha isn't just bug reports x)