An alternative proposal for ranked activity rewards.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by manlebtnureinmal, October 13, 2020.

1. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

First:

I must say that the newest system (15 overall activity + 3 Uber-specific activity) is superior to the system that preceded it. I will refer to this system as "System 3" from now on.

I will refer to the system that preceded it (15 overall activity) as "System 2"—I will also state that I believe that this system was also a significant improvement (in theory) over the system which preceded it (which I will refer to as "System 1").

The reason I like System 2 better than System 1 is because it removes the bizarre edge case where purposefully losing matches near the end of a season could bring someone to a tier with more awards available. I.e. it removes a possible incentive to move downwards.

I understand that System 3 brings back part of the spirit of the original system—the motivation to move higher in the ladder.

However, that motivation to move higher only applies to the Platinum/Uber border.

I believe there is a way to encourage people to move upwards while also removing any motivation to move downwards. This is my proposal for future seasons:

There will be 15 ranked activity rewards (or 18, or whatever number; this is very flexible). They will be awarded in the following manner:
    The first 3 will be awarded to the most active players of any league.
    The next 3 will be awarded to the next most active players who are at least silver.
    The next 3 will be awarded to the next most active players who are at least gold.
    The next 3 will be awarded to the next most active players who are at least platinum.
    The last 3 will be awarded to the next most active players in Uber only.

A player who has qualified for a more general award is not eligible to receive a more exclusive award.
    It must be repeated that the most general awards should be awarded first.

This is similar to System 1, except there is no way to become eligible for additional activity rewards by moving down a league.

Effectively, an Uber is eligible for any of the 15 awards; a Platinum is eligible for only 12 of them . . . etc.

By moving up a league, you become eligible for more awards—by moving down, you become eligible for less awards.

Therefore, if the 3 most active players are in Bronze, 3 Bronze players would receive the most general award. However, if the 3 most active players are in Uber, 3 Ubers will receive that award instead (and 3 more Ubers are guaranteed to receive the last 3 awards, meaning that at least 6 Ubers would get an activity award in this scenario).
    Last edited: October 13, 2020
    emarkus and lulamae like this.