An addition or change for T2 air

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by shotforce13, January 27, 2015.

1. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

With the addition of the Phoenix, something I mentioned a long time ago should get another look.
    its no secret that I hate everything about the T2 bomber or heavy gunship er whatever it is, is pretty well worthless now, with two fighters chasing it down and sniper bots blocking there shots (which I love) :) a new form of beast needs to grace the battlefield.........we need a higher speed strategic bomber (non-nuclear) like the b1 lancer and dont say it (not the op bomber from generals) something with a single larger bomb that can accelerate close to its target and drop its bomb.

Dont like the bomb idea, how about
    using the same speed mechanic, it can approach its target and fire a tatical missle or two and turn away before it gets in range of base AA. What i find lacking is the absence of a pin point bomber, and the way it is now spinners and sniperbots destroy the T2 bomber with ease. A moving target is better.

end of rant.;)
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the hornet launches tacmissiles already it would merely requiere movementtweaks ...
  3. shotforce13

Yeah, never liked the change to the T2 bomber. Dont even use It.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

personaly i totaly dig it ...

never understood the hype between some aoe and then just more aoe ...
  5. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

I like long range air units like a current T2 bombers, cuz they are having chance destroy some OP group units(Like Narwhals+Leviathan).
  6. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

The T2 bomber just needs it's turn speed increased. It's currently not particularly useful because it loses quickly to spinners and dox. It outranges them but they can quickly get in range and it just sits there getting wiped out. They should be able to turn quickly enough to run from incoming ground AA (not properly kiting because they can only fire forward but at least get out of the way).
    davostheblack likes this.
  7. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Now that we have sniper bots and the T2 fighters back, i reckon the hornet should move faster in a straight line, but have worse turning usually, so you have to commit to an attack angle or risk dying to dox etc.

When it comes in for an attack run, it quickly fires off multiple (3?, 4? I dunno) Tac missiles while banking and flying off to come back around. Not only would this make it a kinda cool fast strike precision bomber with the downside of not being able to turn very well, but it would also add in a little more rule of cool instead of the lame *** hovering it does now.

Yes, this might mean that they become easier to bomber snipe with, but really, unlike T1 bombers, sending a few sniper bots to hug your comm might effectively counter them, so it wouldn't be crazy OP.

I can just imagine it'd be cool to have a squadron of these things come screaming in on a target, letting off a flurry of missiles while banking away, sure, you might not ever get a second run often if the slow *** turn rate after their run gets them destroyed, but they'll make their first run count.

( @tvinita pretty please :D )
    shotforce13 likes this.
  8. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

I actually quite like them holding back and launching from a distance. It's good to have an air unit that you have some hope of actually keeping after an attack.

For a strategic bomber I like the idea of having an orbital dive bomber. Start diving from the orbital layer just outside umbrella range and drop a hard hitting single bomb. Vulnerable to all normal AA during the dive.
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I don't use t2 bombers, I use bluehawks supported by fighters
  10. shotforce13

The new firing (hellfire) affect from the new T2 sub would be bad azz....
    pieman2906 likes this.