Alpha's particle effect workshop

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Alpha2546, March 29, 2015.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

So I made this thread so that my other thread don't gets messy with all kind of different subjects. This is my master WIP thread where you all can bring in ideas for particle effects or give tips or criticize my work. So make sure to set this thread to watch :p .

I've created a dox lasery effect and a slammer effect.

The dox effect.

The slammer effect.

What your opinion about them? I noticed that @MrTBSC and @Planktum had some ideas or input?

Thanks!
    burntcustard, doud, EdWood and 4 others like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think you mixed up the videos.
    Is it btw possible to make reclaiming have an effect that shows the unit actually is not just building?
    MrTBSC likes this.
  3. Alpha2546

I think thats actually possible to be honest. Probably need to add an offset and change the speed to reverse. The only problem with that is that the effect is still binded to the muzzle bone of the commander which makes the effect look off temporarely when the commander turns its torso, on the other hand same thing happens when you build something already.

Good idea I'll let you know when I got something or when it completely fails.
  4. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

ALPHA YOU"RE AMAZING!!!!
    MrTBSC and Planktum like this.
  5. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

You're the king of effects mods!

I like the slammer effect, but I would rather the dox shoot little glowing plasma balls, not lasers. I also wish the dox shot left then right, rather than left/right simultaneously.

I just can't understand why Uber hasn't spent any time improving the vanilla effects? Were they always expecting the modding community to do this work for them?
    Last edited: March 29, 2015
    ace63 likes this.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

OMFrG AWESOME!!!!!!!

one more idea i had was regarding the leveler kind of changing it into a kind of gausscannon adding magnetic rings to its flightpath similar to the gaussrifle effects from the mechwarrior games

i wouldn't change the bolo projectile but something that looked badass in alpha was its muzzle effect that hat more smoke to it ...

one thing i would like to ask @killerkiwijuice if he could add a default color for aircrafttrails that is not team colored

i like to thank you guys for your work and the time you put into it i think you do a lot of guys of the comunity a favor
    Last edited: March 30, 2015
  7. Planktum

@Alpha2546 just want to thank you for keeping these mods separate (i.e. don't add this to the Grenadier effects mod). I like the option to choose which effects I add. It's one reason I don't use your PA-FX mod.
  8. Planktum

9. MrTBSC

let´s please not fall to rediculous assumtions
  10. Planktum

:) why not? It's fun! Uber make themselves an easy target.
  11. MrTBSC

remember when neutrino used to be around the forums?
    because of BS like this he isn´t anymore ... no matter how much you consider it a mere joke or whatever
    but hey let´s give them more reason to not talk to us anymore ... and yea i AM tired of it aswell
  12. Planktum

Lighten up ;)
    You really think what we say on these forums has any affect on whether the devs talk to us? Do politicians stop talking because people give them ****? There's hardly any people on these forums now anyway. The fact that I'm even on the forum shows that I love the game warts and all, and it's got a lot of warts too. LOL
  13. MrTBSC

.... ... YES !!! ... call me insane ... and i don´t give a scrap bout politicians ... devs are not politicians but like them they are people who take being rediculed different from person to person and it has already affected people on the forum ...

and before this gets of rails better PM me ...
  14. Planktum

I give props and criticism where due. Uber and PA deserve both.
  15. Alpha2546

I've fiddled with creating plasma balls but it looks kinda wonky. Do you have any colour for those in mind? Maybe it would look proper then.

So how about giving the t1 tanks the effect of the t2 ( I think awesome projectiles does the same which looks good). And give the levelers that gausseffect.
  16. Planktum

Maybe try green and/or yellow for the plasma balls? Can I see what you've tried already, then that might give me a better idea of what we are working with.
  17. MrTBSC

sounds good
  18. MrTBSC

rediculing is not criticizing ... i can give critic without throwing in useless statements ala "what where they thinkin", "smokin", "expecting" ... that´s just bla bla not helping anybody and it surely doesn´t help you getting your point across any better ...

now back to topic ...

edit: damnit sry for double :( ...
  19. MrTBSC

just poking in ... anything new on the effects side?
    Planktum likes this.
  20. Alpha2546

I'll definately try this out somewhere in the future. If so I'll make sure to tag you in the post.

Not much at the moment. I've been more busy making a nice arsenal of playable maps whenever I want to play a good balanced game. I most of the time work on my effects when I get a cool idea of how to work out some sort of effect. Haven't really gotten those lately.