ALPHA v0.49303 Suggestion list

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by treign, June 12, 2013.

1. treign

treign Member

As I go through the Alpha and Beta process I will be making a series of suggestions as I see relevant. Feel free to comment on what interests you. I wish to make no debate over any articles, but only to clarify the suggestion being made. I understand your views may differ, and I look forward to seeing how your interpretations and ideas will also influence this wonderful game. I will do my best to include any ideas you put forth on this Suggestion List thread, but as like the rest of you I also have a busy life that comes first so I might recommend just posting your own thread. ...and please don't get all crazy, this is by no means a list of demands, UBER already has my money I haven't any leverage. =]
    im just enthusiastic about being able to contribute. oddly enough I enjoy testing and providing my input.

1.a togglable grid (wireframe maybe) of the globe.

2.option to cancel certain objects in a build queue.

3.ability to reposition a structure in the build queue.

4.visible list of the commander/engineer build queue.

5.visible path of commander/engineer build queue.

6.radar/range indicators.

7.improved salvaging. Think partol & reclaim combined.

8.improved selecting units and targets.
    a.unit count for selected units.
    b.ability to highlight a large area and see a list of your units, and enemy units.
    c.ability to assign commands from the list.
    d.ability to select-all-type onscreen without select-all-type on globe.

9.advanced vehicles should also be able to make basic structures.

10.self destruct indicator.

11.a way to track a planet/moon in the celectial view.
  2. veta

veta Active Member

yup, i don't think anybody disagrees with these. my bet is they're all on uber's list already too. still it's good to get as much feedback as possible.
    Last edited: June 13, 2013
  3. blobbit

blobbit New Member

Everything looks good. Although I think uber has planned it so that advanced engineers can't do basic structures. Because if they would be able to do so, it would make basic engineers pointless in late game, and as far as I'm considered they are going to make every unit important and so that it doesn't make any other unit useless.
  4. treign

treign Member

makes sense. damn.
    Well, in that case perhaps it might be easier to request a tier2 AA =]
  5. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Advanced builders will never be able to build regular structures, That is a feature that is carried on from TA and will not be changed. If it does change I will be disappoint.
  6. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Good points. I am waiting for it.
  7. blacksun777

blacksun777 New Member

sorry to ask but why not?
    I never played TA, but I can not see why this is such a disappointment.

Will you be able to select your workers(t1/t2) and build all structures, and will t2 be able to assist t1 building t1 stuff?
    If no, what is the benefit in the game play of this? And would that not end up in Micro?
    ---
    Thinking of the subject: I feel that it would be cool to say what building should be built where and with what priority and resource emergency handling. Then you would only assign the workers to a central point. similar like in supCom the ferry system worked, where you could just tell one ferry to do that and the others ordered to assist the ferry point. So the workers would make the best of it. And if there is a change in strategy you simply change priorities (so you would not need to scrap the build order with fine planed out secondary buildings like pd or aa or wals or whatever)
    In my opinion that would make the building much easier. But also much more abstract as it does not seem natural to the most people I guess :roll:.
    Thinking of it a bit more: Will it be possible to make such a "UI" mod?