Alpha pvp gripes so far

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jubez81, June 8, 2013.

1. jubez81

jubez81 New Member

Ok so got the alpha yesterday, and simply been raping opponents with this simple flaw. Building collision is absent. You can spam Xpower generators on one spot never move. Xtime needed to walk around is gone ie expansion. I wanted to highlight this strat immediately as cheap win.

Obvious balance issues with navies and defensive turrets.

A lot of people tend to leave the game ....im not sure if its networking or w/e but at that point its boring.

But honestly ive been enjoying myself :)

Tried sending my construction planes to the orbiting moon they did circles on the ground :(
  2. dog1isopen

dog1isopen New Member

Cool, another thing ive noticed, is that there is no need to scout for bases. You can spot your enemies bases by looking for building foundation squares!
  3. jubez81

jubez81 New Member

Any building really your entire base could be setup by building in this cheap way. Did have a cool glitch allowed my battleship to move on land attempts to make it do it again have failed.
  4. trls250s

trls250s New Member

Air defense towers attach ground units! No need to build multiple towers.
  5. SirChristoffee

SirChristoffee Member

It says in their description that they a are a general defence tower, but are much more effective against air. The laser tower is far superior at taking out ground targets.
  6. kmike13

kmike13 Member

it seems as though you expect alpha to be not like this? I think they are much less concerned with strategy and balance as they are with crashing and other problems.
  7. calpernicus

calpernicus New Member

I agree 100%. I have not lost a game yet. Have stopped building things on top of each other as it seems unfair.

The balance on those things is a bit wack. The ships destroy stuff from a huge range and are almost necessary to win end game - they will mow through all slow approaching tanks before they can fire anything.

I guess the fact they are confined to small puddles most of the time does make it a bit fairer.... will be interseting on more water based maps where they will be able to travel further.

The base defense does seem to waste almost all units. There are not many ways to break in to a fully ringed base of lasers and missile launchers. Even harder if there are some walls around it.

Have had HEAPS of people leave early and not say anything / no alert that they are gone. Have to keep asking "hey guys you still here?"

I am enjoying myself though! :D Very excited for the next alpha version to see what bugs are fixed. Hopefully they nail heaps of the faults quickly!
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

As an avid fan of Uber I sort of know how they balance stuff. They typically tend to introduce something new in an "OP" state. With that state the can narrow down what exactly is the core issue. They then nerf it to all hell, in which case it highlights it weakness.

The balance master (Scathis) then performs an age old ritual. Which then enlightens the game code and the result is an almost near perfect balance. Keep in mind this will occur over many iterations of the game.
  9. jubez81

jubez81 New Member

hardly just Highlighting its CHEAP STRATEGY!... Although if you just wanted to play with the upper tech stuff works well.
  10. dacite

dacite Member

The alpha isn't an actual game yet. Playing to win is like knocking down other kids sand castles in the sandbox.
  11. eeyrjmr

eeyrjmr Member

Its almost like it isn't release... like it is an alpha or something.
  12. Malorn

Malorn Member

Why does this topic exist . . . ?

This is not a game yet, of course you can win by exploiting the hell out of random bugs. Not only that, but doing so means that you are actually hurting the alpha. Games don't last as long, which means less time for bugs to happen. Pissing off other players with exploits encourages those players not to play as much, which also means less testing is occurring. Oh and the thread title is great PR for the game, btw, nice job on that.

Forgive me if you people merely intended to mention these bugs as a form of reporting, but if not . . . the hell?
  13. albanuche

albanuche Member

[​IMG]
  14. hadrach

hadrach New Member

I've had multiple crashes, other people I'm sure experienced the same so this is probably the cause of people leaving. Only recently discovered you could log back into a game and catch back up.