Alpha Commander - Removed / Renamed / Repriced

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jerryhatrick, June 15, 2013.

1. jerryhatrick

jerryhatrick New Member

From the Kickstarter page:

Pledge $50 or more

You get the limited edition "Progenitor" Commander. This in-game commander has a unique model that shows off your early support of this game. Includes all previous tiers.
    Estimated delivery: Jul 2013

Pledge $90 or more

Boosting mass is expensive! Join the battle as an alpha commander without the hassle of physical goods. All of the digital items from the $100 tier including an alpha key and and the alpha commander. Includes all previous tiers.
    Estimated delivery: Jul 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong. You renamed the Progenitor Commander to the Theta Commander and gave it to all preorders. You took the Alpha Commander, removed it from the Alpha Package, renamed it to the Delta Commander and put it in a 200$ package.

I feel this is ridiculously unreasonable and would like to hear a Developer's (Or Staff members) reason for this.

On top of this. When I brought this point up on the Steam forum a PA Developer banned me from the forum for a week.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

They're different commanders. All of them.
  3. jerryhatrick

jerryhatrick New Member

Are there any other commanders apart from the Delta Commander who only uses Energy to build?
  4. BulletMagnet

No.

And the Delta doesn't use only energy to build. All commanders will use both resources to build stuff.

At this point in the alpha, only the Delta commander has a model+texture+code to a playable level. The other ones will come in time.
  5. jerryhatrick

jerryhatrick New Member

Well that lessens my anger over the commander somewhat though my question still stands.
  6. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

If you look here, it shows that each commander is it's own entity and still plan to be delivered when they are completed.
    Alpha, Progenitor, Theta, and Delta are all separate commanders that will be delivered as promised
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

To not really annoy us, next time, before anger, try research. :)

We have announced the following commanders so far, all unique:
    - Alpha Commander
    - Progenitor Commander
    - Theta Commander
    - Delta Commander

Nothing about who, when why or where on these commanders has changed.

I hope that helps clarify things. Nothing has been removed, renamed, or repriced.
  8. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

Damn no potato commander :(
  9. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

No bacon commander either
  10. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Sausage Commander feels left out. If everyone chose him in a game it would be a sausage fest ;)
  11. lynx88

lynx88 New Member

And Rainbow Commander will make your enemies taste the rainbow.
  12. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

How did you come to this conclusion at all? It makes no sense, I can't even remotely follow your train of thought.

There are theta, delta, alpha, progenitor, etc commanders. All separate. Nobody's cheating you out of anything.

Hahahahahahahaha
  13. jerryhatrick

jerryhatrick New Member

Thank you for that link, Carryableyarn.

Thank you for actually taking the time to respond to my query instead of outright banning me like I was on the Steam forum. Perhaps if your representative on the Steam forum had talked instead of abusing his power then I wouldn't have come to the conclusion that there was some kind of funny business going on.

As for research I concede that I was only using the Uberent Store as my reference which only lists the Theta and Delta Commanders.

As you can see from my post count I do not use forums much unless there's a problem and so I used the Search to try and find information instead of going to the (as it turns out) obvious sticky.

I apologise for my misunderstanding.
  14. Causeless

Causeless Member

Could you give any images or info on who banned you, and a link to the thread? I'm not being sarcastic here, as much as I love Uber I genuinely think if any mod is actually banning people based on (perhaps passive-aggressive) questions instead of people spamming / flaming, then that needs to be sorted out.
    Last edited: June 16, 2013
  15. BulletMagnet

Lets not push that topic. The issue raised in the OP has been sorted. We can all go on being friends now.
  16. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

While we do have some limited powers on the Steam forums, they also have a large community managment team that tries to keep things under control. Give the.. ahem.. controversy on Steam the past few days, they have been pretty active trying to keep the peace. If there was profanity or anything inappropriate, that may have resulted in a banning, even if you were just frustrated. Your post here is.. leaping to a lot of conclusions, but not crazy things to be asking. If you got banned from the Steam forums, so long as you stay respectful of this community, you are very welcome here.