Ally Halleys count against you

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Tellaris, July 24, 2014.

1. Tellaris

Tellaris New Member

I'm putting this in here as I'm not sure its intended or not, but having an allied halley on a planet you want to use for smashing counts against your halley count. (I think it should be that it doesn't count against you at all, or adds to your count. Seems strange it would count against you. ESPECIALLY on galactic war.
  2. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

I don't think it should count against you but I don't think it should add to yours either.

I can see how that would be a good idea for some but at the same time if you're on a moon that required three halleys to be smashed and your ally had two built already then you could just build one and launch the moon to wherever you wanted. Perhaps your ally had a different target in mind? Perhaps there could be a request control button or something once the total of halleys between allies reaches the required number?

Cheers,

-Todd
  3. corteks

corteks Active Member

Maybe there could be a "Team Annihilate" button in addition to the regular one or something? You click that once there are enough, then select target and such as usual. Once you have, the other members of your team get a notification asking to agree, with a ping/PiP view of the target area.
  4. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Ally halleys are also not shown in the planet overview even though you get full shared intel from allies.
  5. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Ally halleys counting against you is fixed internally.
    Remy561 likes this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Is this only in Galactic War I hope? What about this and dynamic alliances? Weird decision to be fair.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Why is that weird? If you are alllied, why should an ally building a halley counteract one of your own?

This does take into account dynamic alliances.
  8. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Good point.
    Need some thinking :
    • Should definitely not count against. (until allied)
    • I can see issues if it counts for, and both players want to send it to different targets.
      May precipitate the end of that alliance :D
    • Doesn't add ?
    jtibble likes this.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This is the problem. It's understandable for AI games, but if you play MP without ally victory it's likely bad idea to give such advantage to temporary ally. Ability to transfer units between players would be a lot better. :rolleyes: