Allow Enemy Units to be Visible when using Chronocam in Game Against AI

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by phattmattslimm, November 29, 2013.

1. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Is there a function that allows me to see the AI's strategy in building up its base; then knocking on my door, beating 9 colours of %$@$ out of me, finding four more colours unknown to humanity, beating those out of me, and then squatting in my house, so to speak :p

The AI is rather good and would love to learn from it :)

(Appreciate how this wouldn't be a good idea for online multi-player :D)
  2. Wondabarappa

Wondabarappa New Member

Or maybe you can just watch what the AI did at the end of the round...;)
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Use the Chrono Cam when the game is done.

If you can view enemy movement with the Chrono Cam, then that's like a built in cheat feature.

In the grand scheme of things, the AI isn't that good when compared to some of the better players in the PA community (right now). I would recommend watching some player gameplay – you'll improve your gameplay much more by watching players.

Check out this site: http://pamatches.com/

It has tons of gameplay and even tutorials.
    Gunman006 and drz1 like this.
  4. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Thanks for the feedback :)
    Gunman006 likes this.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

However... The Chrono cam is a replay feature. And you can't actually see some stuff that goes on until you scout.

Even then the Chrono Cam is bugge, and often has units that don't exist doing stuff.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I said "use the chrono cam when the game is done." That'd allow phattmattslimm to watch the AI and study how it plays.

You are right though. The Chrono Cam is pretty bugged. It got less buggy for a while, but for the past half or dozen builds or so, it's been more buggy than it was previously.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Err yeah. I misunderstood. I thought you were advocating for not being able to see what the enemy was doing, even at the end of the round
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Off-topic: You think the Chronocam is bugged? Try watching a replay in SMNC. That thing is haggard. :D