Allow ALL classes to see the current turret health.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by eternal, March 24, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

Currently only the Support can see how much health is left on a friendly turret (yet everyone can see how much is left on an enemy turret.) It'd be nice if everyone could see the health on friendly turrets.
  2. Kel

Kel New Member

I like the idea.
  3. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

that was a big problem when i play blitz, i have no idea which turret should i upgrade to save

would also work well in crossfire
  4. Brick

Brick New Member

also i believe you should be able to sell turrets, i hate it when some idiot builds a useless long range turret when we are being attacked hard.

money would go back to the people who spent it.
  5. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

time to troll! but yea, that opens up a lot of room for griefing. needs more thought in preventing that.
  6. Brick

Brick New Member

i'd grief by building long shots when were getting attacked hard....
  7. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

I thought the color on the turrets was enough to tell me how much damage they have sustained. It goes from green to yellow to red. The redder it is, the more dead it is. That's an appropriate health bar to me. Plus they start to spark and smoke worse and worse as they take damage.
  8. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

if you're talking about that color which is the same on bot eyes, thx, i actually never noticed that lol. it'd definitely help a lot
    but still seeing a health bar would be nice :]
  9. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Just let the turret's current owner sell it.

Sure, it defeats the purpose of ridding useless turrets, but at least it's more friendly to ask the guy to sell the thing rather than just forcingly dismantling something he had to pay for.
  10. Ace42

Ace42 New Member

Oooh, let me sell turrets before an upgrade on them is complete, so if someone tries to upgrade a L2 rock-it I've NEARLY got the cash to upgrade, I can sell it right out from under them, and use the money restored to me to gazump them instead!
  11. eternal

eternal New Member

This is true but it doesn't tell you how ovehealed your turrets are, or if they are just hitting the "red zone" or on the last sliver of health. It'd just be nice to have some consistency ;P
  12. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

The only person that should be concerned about it being over healed is a support and they can see the health bar by just by taping the heal/hurt gun on it. There are already varrying degrees of colors and smoke. It's quite easy to tell how much health is left exactly just by the way the turret itself looks.

It doesn't go from green to yellow to red, there are varying degrees between. Once it's smoking like mad, the paint is pretty much worn off and it's dead red, it's got 1 or 2 hits before it goes down. Next thing you'll be suggesting is health bars for pros you haven't hit. They're class symbol also changes to varying colors, by the way.
  13. eternal

eternal New Member

So why not remove the bar entirely?

I don't see why you are against this change so much. Sheesh.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You do know the only time the Support can see the turret's health is when he is healing it? So technically the other Pro would have to heal the turret to see it's health.
    :ugeek:
  15. Brick

Brick New Member

i say make it simple, if you are looking straight at the damn thing. it shows.
    not ground breaking science over here, pretty standard fps material.
  16. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Agree.
    Every PRO's should see HP of Turret, smoke effect don't say much.
    When he aim on turret (friendly of course) the Health bar appears and player know what to do Upgrade it or Heal it

Sometimes you are not sure about it.
  17. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

I facepalmed at this post, hard.