All units and particles frozen, but game still running

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rygadune, September 27, 2013.

1. rygadune

rygadune New Member

Hey there! I've run into an issue where twice now playing against the AI I've had every entity in the game just freeze, like time has suddenly stopped. However, I can still move the camera around and select things normally, but since time is frozen, my actions don't do anything. Eventually it black screens and notifies me of the termination of connection to the server. It happened once within the first 10 minutes, and the second time after at least 30mins (Most likely more since I lost track of time since I was turtling while trying to build up econ for orbitals). I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer since the camera movement was still smooth, and even when I zoomed in the generator sounds would play as normal. Just throwing this out there in case anyone else runs into this issue, and just trying to let people know about it. Super weird. =P
  2. justinkace

justinkace New Member

I have had this too, three times in the space of a few hours. I assume it's a crash/lockup.

All three times it happened just after the enemy units first started buzzing over my base.
  3. rygadune

rygadune New Member

Now that you mention it, both times for me it was when the enemy actually made it over a section of my main base. Up until the crash, I'd fended off pokes around the edges, but a group made it into a dense section of structures right before the freeze each time.
  4. vircomore

vircomore New Member

I've also experienced the same thing. Tried to play three games against the AI (1 with 3 AI, two with 1 AI) and every single time, as soon as an attack aircraft attacked anything inside my base (i.e. not an outlying extractor) the game would freeze with no error given.
  5. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

I've had this. It would freeze and then it would work again (this against a player) then it would do it again. Then finally it tells me simulation terminated.

My AI game wouldnt do anything at all. So I gave up. Although I think my internet connection is partially to blame.
  6. xindan

xindan New Member

I've had the same problem.
    My human opponent was attacking me with a bunch of t1 land units ( mostly mechs ) when the game froze.
  7. halosas

halosas Member

I have had same bug in last 4 games played with AI tried new system with just 2 planets still freeze never in Alpha.
  8. mrosseel

mrosseel New Member

Same here, me vs 1 AI, freeze when they first flew over my base attacking something (and getting fire back from my defense)
  9. pheagey

pheagey Member

Same, happens playing both other players and AI. ctrl+p shows the server status no longer changing. Appears to be a server thread locking up/crashing.

Exiting /restarting I am prompted to join a game in progress (one of the best features of this title BTW), however after trying to rejoin I get dumped back to the title screen.

Waiting in a match when this happens results in a 'lost connection with server' type error message.
  10. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I have had the same problem 2 out of 3 games.
  11. kennywu1005

kennywu1005 New Member

I haven't been able to play a full game , this always happens , multiplayer and vs AI.... Hopefully this is a top priority to be resolved :( .
  12. schme

schme New Member

I've opened up a ticket for this at FS#2150 (can't post links since I'm a new user), please vote this up so the devs can see it!

The first few games I played this happened every time, but now I've been able to play two complete games, one over an hour long. No idea what might cause this.
  13. xpl0s10n

xpl0s10n New Member

I feel like this is a server problem on their end... I have had the same problem... game completely froze... I exited out and restarted ... told it to rejoin the game and got a server error.
  14. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

I had this too, with a friend playing on the other team, we simultaneously had the issue occured. Looks server side, as the actual game performance and sound is running fine when this happens.
    xpl0s10n likes this.
  15. firestorm119

firestorm119 New Member

I've tried playing about six games and this has happened in every one within the first 15 min or so.
  16. thetextbook

thetextbook New Member

I'm having the same problem
  17. MeetYourMaker

MeetYourMaker New Member

Same issue here, the devs have alrady said that this means simply that the server has crashed (on their end), but that it shouldnt happen too often, and that they automatically get a log when it happens.
  18. stonberg

stonberg Member

Same issue here, every game I've tried playing recently has had this error. It's now about two weeks since the post before me, it's covered by FS#2232 (which was updated today) but there's not much there to go on other than it's a server-side problem.