Air unit collission?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by doridian, January 25, 2013.

1. doridian

doridian New Member

I don't really know if this topic popped up anywhere so far, atleast my search didn't spit out anything specific.

As I've seen you are trying hard to avoid land units pushing and intersecting each other as much as possible, but what about air vehicles?

Best example is probably from SupCom where hundreds of fighters attacked some experimental and simply flew through it, that for once made the experimentals that used AoE weapons against air deal damage to much more units than it usually would, but generally planes(etc.) always intersect with each other which just looks plain awkward.

I am not too sure how applicabla flowfield is for air units, but it would be really nice if air units would avoid these situations.

Example they would instead of flying through, dodge the target by flying around it.

Eventually units should also take damage and eventually die if they crash into each other.

So essentially every air unit could become a potential kamikaze unit, which would also add some kind of "last resort" tactics where you crash all your fighters into a large approching unit or (as seen in various places) a launching missile.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

There are plenty of Air related threads already, and regardless this should be it the General Discussion Forum.

Try here, it's been talked about a bit here and there; viewtopic.php?f=61&t=43149

Mike
  3. whip

whip New Member

Don't be that guy Mike
  4. Moranic

Moranic Member

Looking at the KickStarter video, there weren't that many air units. I would like them to be a bit more rare than in the Supreme Commander series. And yes, they should avoid all of those collisions, especially if there are no experimentals or big units they have to focus on.
  5. Causeless

Causeless Member

Why do you insist all game discussion goes in the general area?

I've not seen any rules aboutbhat anywhere, and if we cannot post game discussion here, then this place would be empty.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Because we're only splitting the discussion up, making it harder for the Devs to figure out what's what. On top of it the Main purpose of the Lounge is for the Devs to show things to the Backers without them going out to everyone.

Mike
  7. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

If there were issues with non-backers spreading misinformation and promoting ridiculous ideas in the general discussion section, then this would have served a better purpose.

Currently, without anything to test, there is no need to post 'general' discussion here.

TBH, I think all game discussion should go here but since everyone is already using the general discussion section, switching would only cause problems.

Thus, just reply to dev posts here, and post your comments in the other section. Once the alpha starts, all related posts will be here (unless there is a specific alpha section made), and will continue with the beta (unless there is some reason to hide the alpha discussion).

EDIT: No to air collisions, just force them to separate. AIs should be capable of avoiding incoming threats.