AI Skynet WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RMJ, April 22, 2014.

1. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

What have you done to the ai? do you even know what you have done? is it self aware or what?.

Not even 15 min into a game or maybe 20 min. The freaking AI slams a moon right into by freaking commander. WHAT!!?! o_O

I have played many games in my 30 year life, never i have played against such an insane AI. lol.

If i didn know any better, i would say that the AI isnt using the new prices. It seems to get tier 2 almost impossibly fast.

We are talking normal ai here, not hard, not insane, not skynet :p
    cwarner7264 and cdrkf like this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Hard AI does get an economy bonus. The normal AI is playing "fair" but otherwise completely the same.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Sorian has been designing the AI to NOT cheat by default, so that doesn't seem that likely.

Mike
  4. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

Skynet is being built for realz! as irl!!
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well they did hire *Sorian* to do the AI... He produced some superb (read *self aware and evil*) AIs for SupCom I believe :p

The AI is a core component in the game and is intended to be the main opponent for single player so it's good its challenging. The trick now will be scaling it back for normal human beings :p
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Normally in games i prefer to play AI. but with this MONSTER they have created, i think ill stick to playing actual human!. at least they have some morality.
    improvised1 and ArchieBuld like this.
  7. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah dont get me wrong, i normally like AI. and gripe about games that have bad ai or no ai at all. This AI is just a whole new level. it actually does want to murder you horrible. lol. i swear, in the replay it hit my commander dead center, and there i was just minding my own business.

Let this be a warning to other players :p

They should hire this guy to do Civilization games AI, because that has some serious issues with water combat and such.
    Alpha2546 and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The funny thing about his prior AI work is that in both cases he was held back. In FA he had to make do with only what modding allowed for, still made for some huge improvements thought. In SupCom2 although he had much more control being able to tinker with everything directly he didn't create the AI and was only allowed to work his magic afterwards, still once again made some incredible improvements.

This time, well, this time Sorian has full control and is making full use of it!

Mike
    cptconundrum and ArchieBuld like this.
  9. plink

plink Active Member

I definitely agree that Sorian deserves a pat on the back with the latest AI update. My dad and I were just playing against 1 normal, and both of us had to step our game off to fend it off. Was a nice challenging push back. (Love the new larger sized armies that are sent.)
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

@sorian if you keep this up, you're going to become famous for enslaving the human race with the first true ai.

Very impressive as usual.
    LavaSnake and ArchieBuld like this.
  11. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

RMJ likes this.
  12. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

But we'll all be freed by a server crash.
  13. JWest

JWest Active Member

Yeah, the AI is pretty evil. RTS' have a reputation for tepid AI, I think this game is going to gain notoriety for making you want to go online to avoid the AI's viciousness rather than its mundanity.
  14. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I just got beat by a normal AI, and it wasn't by nuking. Attempting to process the possibility...

Segmentation fault
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. jeffwadsworth

jeffwadsworth Member

16. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Nice one. But the AI has really changed. It actually uses many workers now while buildings the planet engines. Its pretty damn crazy. If you play a FFA like i did with a planet that only requires one engine to move lol. thank you random system generator haha. you better watch out.

I hope they remove and fix the planet instantly moving, because that gives you zero warning and chance to do anything. the planet in my game just teleported as soon as the AI engaged then 2 sec late hit my commander in the face. The planet should actually have to move around the sun. not sure why it didn, bug maybe ?..
  17. nixtempestas

that's probably a bug
  18. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Well Sorion said there would be personalities. The little pink robot should be easy and timid and the black spikey bot should be evil and aggressive. And would help if you can have little visuals of them reacting to you like in Stronghold...that was the best of the AI *ILL KILL YOU, ILL KILL YOU!! ILL TEAR YOU INTO PEASHESH, INTO LITTLE...ITTY....BITTY....PEAAASSSHHHEESSSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
  19. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Just played my first game against normal, there were a few close calls but I still managed to beat it in fifteen and a half minutes.
    (Of course if I didn't T2 air rush I probably would've lost)
  20. nixtempestas

The Pig was awesome

Though killing The Rat still had the most satisfaction.