After live stream Ai

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by halosas, January 15, 2013.

1. halosas

halosas Member

I sort of got a answer when the live stream was live but could anyone add to this question.
    I find in alot of RTS games when you have base defence up. And say 50 enemy units are coming into range all at the same time all the base defence gos for the same enemy unit then you get alot of wasted shots is this going to be better implemented. So when i have say 10 point defence thay dont all kill 1 unit then sit and wait to recharge.

Thxs.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Hey now don't just blame the game, if you set up 10 front-loaded turrets such they they all fire at the same time that there isn't an issue with deployment? Turrets like that should be offset so they don't all fire at once and be supported by non-front-loaded turrets as well.

Also it should be noted that this tends to happen only with the first unit, subsequent shots fire by the turrets spread out much more among available targets.
  3. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

That being said, I believe a fire-control ai that coordinates fire between your units would be immensely valuable and a good addition to the base unit AI, and would dovetail nicely with the ideas raised on making bombers pick different targets etc.

It would reduce instances of your heavy, slow firing aa missile turret launching at a peeper alongside 50 other light missiles towers.. and so on.
  4. mprobison

mprobison New Member

Perhaps like the Targeting Facility in TA? Make a unit/building that activates fire control. Uses radar to coordinate targets based on known info like hp and eta.