1. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I have not played the PC version, but I imagine clicking the mouse will be much more effective than it is on the Xbox version.

This forum needed a post.
  2. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Yes, I find Mouse Clicking an effective, if odd, way to play.

This thread needed a reply.
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

so, the advice here is... to click the mouse :roll:
  4. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

It is clearly the best advice in this forum. :ugeek:
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The XBox version has a mouse?
  6. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Of course. Didn't your Microsoft Representative Gnome give it to you?
  7. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Most of the guides from the 360 section would be mostly useful to the PC players. It is basically the same game.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

For some odd reason PC players don't feel that way. :|
  9. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

There are a few differences, but it is the same game.
  10. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Yeah, I've been looking at the Xbox threads since there wasn't one here before.
  11. kankle

kankle New Member

For the most part, yes. The skill level is much higher so things aren't as easy as they sound in a 360 guide.
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

If only lol
  13. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Dead wrong. I haven't played against a good player on the PC yet. Not because they don't have the skill, it's because they don't know what they are doing yet.
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

ive seen plenty of good players, not sure what servers u been visiting...
  15. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

my skill level went way up from 360 to PC, and I was already pretty good on 360
  16. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

According to Steam, you've played MNC on the PC for 1 hour in the last two weeks. Seems to me you should try actually playing the game some before forming opinions.
  17. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Lemme give you quick breakdown of how all of my games have gone so far:
    I play Assassin, I push one lane, kill all of the pros, blow up the turret next to the ball, the bots take down the ball, I shoot the ball, game over in 1:30.

I play Support, I push one lane, kill all of the pros, blow up the turret next to the ball, the bots take down the ball, I shooot the ball, game over in 3:00 (the Support runs slower).

I play Gunner. I don't push bots. I kill all of the pros on every part of the map. Spawn camping insues 4:00 in to the game. Game over in 6:00.

It is possible that I haven't been in the right servers yet, but I don't play PC much yet because it's boring. I want to let the PC players catch up with the console players in skill level before I play more.
  18. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

I hate to have to say it but the skill level is not going to surpass the 360. Not in general pub play. The mouse and keyboard allow for speed and precision, yes, but most people never actually get that great at utilizing that. Playing TF2 since launch I went back to random pubs quite alot when noone I wanted to play with was on and honestly the awareness and the ability to achieve simple objectives is still as rare amoung the pub crowd as it was back when everyone was new.

The people who do get really good at MNC on the PC would probabaly outmatch someone good on a 360 controller. I do think if someone good at the 360 game got some time to get used to mouse and keyboard controls it would be fairly even. Alot of this game is more about position and tactics than outright accuracy+reaction. But most people will never be good enough to beat someone good on the 360 simply because most people are terrible.
  19. F5in

F5in New Member

Great PC player >>> Great console player

Average/bad PC player = Average/bad console player (an idiot is still an idiot)

This is the case most of the time. I'm not saying the PC player is actually better at the game, just that he has better/more tools (such as mouse and keyboard)
  20. kankle

kankle New Member

Wow that billy guy is an idiot, must be new to PC gaming