adopt a friend or someone new to the game?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TOM12121112, March 16, 2011.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

The last two versions of adopt a noob didnt work due to a lack of new players signing up. I suggest a new method.

When you go out pubstomping in your party of 2 or 3, stay in game chat. when you hear a lower level talking, just sit and listen for a while and see if they are halfway tolerable to talk to. if they arent, let them be, because having an irritating noob is a terrible experience.

if they turn out to be cool, just hang out with them for a while, even invite them to your game so they get paired up with you for a while. most of them, when given the chance, will ask all sorts of questions regarding to gameplay and endorsements.

go try it out sometime.
    Last edited: March 17, 2011
  2. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Re: Adopt a Noob: V3

Good Idea Tom , off topic : sorry i bailed on that private , way too laggy for me .
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

we swapped host afterword
  4. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I tried it yesterday with some level 42 assassin who kept attempting to kill Sigmar. I was like, could you please kill bots instead of going for the sniper all the time, and he was all like, you're a kid, don't tell me what to do!

I think my manly voice is too manly to get people to listen to me :mrgreen:
  5. kingdom

kingdom New Member

lol, i would say that TheJoshf92 "adopted" me and i have seen an increase in my skill.
    Last edited: March 17, 2011
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Point is, you tried.

He kills bots with some caution, he can fire his juiced shuriken blast at SIGMAR right before he wipes some turrets and pushes some pros off the field.

If he didn't want to try the path of least resistance, then he can't say nobody tried to help. The only pubstomping that happened there, was that kid pubstomping himself.
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i wouldn't mind getting some help with my game, then i could help out other nooks.
  8. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

In my eyes, you have to absolutely dominate in a game before you help or nobody will listen to you.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Even then, stubborn bastards wouldn't accept help. It is a vicious cycle, if they aren't good on their own then everyone around them are cheaters, reguardless if they offer help.

Just help who you can. If the horse doesn't want to drink, you can take him to water but can't force him to drink. Find a horse that does want to drink, and let the other die of dehydration lmao.
  10. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

I kind of think these threads dont always work due to a few reasons:

A) most new players are intimidated by prestieges or vets
    B) most new players like to play with their friends
    C) not many new players even know about this forum at all...
    D) its better to guide new players in the game when your playing with them or against them. It's much easier to click invite to party/friend request.
    E) your kind of labeling a new player as a n00b even if they are good and lower ranked

maybe change the title to adopt a friend or someone new to the game?
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

A) most new players are intimidated by prestieges or vets
    most new players i meet ask what that bot is next to my name, indicating they do not even know what an "all-star" is.

B) most new players like to play with their friends
    almost every other thread on the gamefaqs forums is "im new who will play with me."

C) not many new players even know about this forum at all...
    thats why i said go out in game and find them. nice reading comprehension.

D) its better to guide new players in the game when your playing with them or against them. It's much easier to click invite to party/friend request.
    thats exactly what i proposed. nice reading comprehension.

lol ok
  12. F5in

F5in New Member

I've already adopted like 9 new people. I've made a lot of people buy this game and I've taught (or tried to teach) them all the stuff that can be taught.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

14. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

Lol, Tom i tried that with a level 52. He wasn't doing that well and i was doing pretty well, and i saw that he had a mic. He asked for help so i showed him a couple tricks for assassin. after the game i asked him if he wanted to join the party so he would be on my team (only all star in the lobby), he said: nah i got it, i know how to play. next game or him: 8-21 as assault. People don't listen :)
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

meh. there is a difference between knowing what to do and being able to do it. all i plan on teaching is the former. you can know all the secrets in the world and still get outgunned because someone is just better than you.
  16. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Been there. Still doin' that.

YOU SHALL FEAR MY ARMY OF AMASSED RANDOMS!!!
  17. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I tried that with IG THOMBOW he listened and is now in front of me on the leaderboards in kills and earnings not wins

LOL
  18. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Nope, even if you win tournaments people will still tell you your wrong.
  19. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I'm not quite ever sure what to do about these, since I have all the technical know-how, excluding me from being the noob, but lack the manual dexterity to carry it out, excluding me from adopting.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

That's because you're doing it wrong. If you're winning tournaments you should be charging money for hour lessons and for spots on your friends list. How can anyone take you seriously if you don't take their money too?

For the most part I always play by myself so I'm always willing to help. I think I'm going to start talking to people trying to get them to get on the forums and get a team or something. You figure if each 10 of us convince 6 people to join the forums, thats the potential for another 6 teams. It makes the tournaments actually fill up and we might even be able to get more and more customs in.