Adjusting Waypoints

Discussion in 'Support!' started by hdroadking, October 4, 2013.

1. hdroadking

hdroadking New Member

Is there currently a way to adjust waypoints for units on patrol? Anyone know if this feature will be implemented?
    LavaSnake likes this.
  2. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Not at the moment... you can only add to them... you cant change them. Hopefully this will change.
  3. rkfg

rkfg Member

I've also noticed (though not 100% sure) that patrol routes may persist even after the patrolling squad was wiped out. I remember empty routes while holding Shift. They just were there, obstructing the view. I'd like not only edit them but also save them somewhere for those situations when the squad was destroyed or sent to another place and I have another one to replace it without the need to redraw the route from scratch. I haven't played Supreme Commander but watched a video to learn about early gameplay of PA (they are similar after all) and was stunned by the UI usability. All those path corrections, ETA on routes, build templates and so on. I've never seen that level of actually useful hints in RTS before and I want to have it in PA badly.
  4. urablahblah

urablahblah Member

Agreed. I played SupCom beta, and the UI then was leaps and bounds ahead of PA's UI as it stands.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That's different. PA's Beta is fundamentally different from about 95% of the betas out there. For SupCom they had time to work on it before you got to see, it, here they haven't really had as much time on it yet and it's not like they're done, if near the end of the Beta you still feel the same way then you'd be correct in comparing the two.

Mike
  6. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make units pertol between 2 waypoints yet, I havne't been very successfull at all since the alpha to make this happen, the best I can do is have units guard other units, for example have my air units guard other ground units in order to keep them in the air otherwise half of em will be on the ground when I get attacked if i dont do that lol
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Hold shift and give multiple patrol commands. Giving only a single one is interpreted as a move command.

Don't ask me why....
  8. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

Do you not just select those units and make a new patrol route for them? This would be essentially adjusting their way points but you may view that as having to start from scratch. Also selecting those fighters as they are zipping around can be troublesome.