Adjust to Smoke Bomb, a small idea

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Saint Mudknot, March 7, 2011.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

So because it seems like the Smoke Bomb causes an EMP. It breaks turrets and robots.
    Why not have it incapacitate all electronics.
    I was curious what people would think if it also breaks Jet Packs temporarily (1-2 seconds) and with Smoke Bomb 3s radius, have the ability to remove sniper traps and assault bombs. This would have to be a Rank 3 update, However with its use right now, im sure barely anyone updates this skill (or at least not immediately)
    Against the bomb and trap issue, it would cause the assassin to come out of cloak to use the bomb so they wouldnt be really stealthily breaking the bomb or trap. Sometimes they are left unmanned tho :)

What do you all think?
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Massive, massive buff. Also, I don't get what you said there - you would have to be uncloaked to use the Smoke Bomb?
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

No when you use Smoke Bomb, it decloaks you and freezes you inplace for a moment. You do the throw down animation when activated
  4. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Sounds all right. Nulling jet packs even briefly I thought sounded bad, but then considering how #&$%ed your average assassin is against remotely-competent players anyways...It'd be interesting to see how it would work out in a higher-level game.
  5. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

heres a better idea, make the animation faster and not fail from time to most of the time. id take that over disabling ice traps any day.
  6. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Are you kidding? Smoke bomb is one of the greatest assets of the assassin, allowing her to escape almost immediately. It's the first skill I get to three after passive.
  7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Surely you can't be serious...

On topic: This does sound like a pretty good idea. I'd vastly prefer it to work half of the time though, and I wonder, will that effect be like the jump? Will it fail half of the time, leaving the assassin boned? Just something to consider.
  8. That Dutch Guy

I totally am. How many times have I ran around a corner straight into a shotgun, surviving because my smokebomb recovered so fast.
  9. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

[quote="Deadpool FTW"(Aka LAWL 13)]
    Surely you can't be serious...[/quote]
    [​IMG]
  10. That Dutch Guy

Anyway, I think the jetpack blowup thing is pretty badass. Upgrade Smoke Bomb to 3 and drink clawing Gunners' tears!
  11. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

This. Although i would like level 3 to do something worth the monies.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Off topic for just a moment, why do people claw? I just play skills like it is street fighter, and press the buttons just really fast. Not too hard? 2 joysticks instead of 1, but I have a spare thumb in street fighter anyway so...

Back on Topic, I upgrade smoke-bomb for increased range, stun, and regen. Of course, anyone that even remotely tries to break turrets without needing 24/7 juice or armor, knows it's possible when done right.
  13. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I use Silver Skill Regen to that end.

What is clawing?
  14. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Clawing/crabbing

Basically crippling yourself for a video game lol Its just using your hand in a different way to hold the controller so you can use your jets with the gunner while shooting. Its pretty gay.
  15. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Sooo... Why does that need an awkward hand position?
  16. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Guys take it to a clawing thread lol, this is about smoke bombs in here :cool: Im no mod but i like to keep things on topic

I use bronze skill regen and it does make up a lot for low recovery times on certain skills. Upgrading to rank 2 is most of the time only done for the blind radius and not the speed of the regen. But hey thats just me

Something like a skill 3 bomb benefit might change up my gameplay a little bit :)
  17. That Dutch Guy

I don't use skill regen because I pretty much never really cloak, use lunge over dash and upgrade smokebomb to 3 as fast as I can (besides passive, but that should be out of the question :geek: )

I just want to make one more clawing post.

Clawing really steps up anyone's game. I tried it with Gunner, hated it at first but I noticed I started to claw without realizing. You pretty much catch everyone by surprise if you fly at them, because when they finally see you, it takes half a second for them to aim up and you have already tore them apart by then.
  18. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

An assassin may uncloak during the animation but she also seems to receive less damage and (due to lag or if intended) can't be grappled so even if a pro sees her she can still just frolic away. And her lunge already can shut off FLY or jump packs, happens to me alot.

Plus, if you're going to smoke a bomb or ice trap, why not just jump over it? Kind of counter productive.
  19. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

Your friend Amaze Theory likes to calw .
  20. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

It benefits the team more than the player