Achievement Ideas!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eternal, April 23, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

I'll admit it, I love achievements. I never really make an effort to go out and 100% games, and I despise xbox's "gamerscore" but I like achievements. It is a fun way to track silly things or give yourself a goal to try to get in addition to your normal playing. It also nice when you have an achievement pop up during a game you are losing but trying very hard. It can be a real mood elevator "O well, we lost, but I got this sweet achievement!"

So, that being said lets brainstorm some legitimate achievement ideas that could be added. Try and keep the ideas in the realm of possibility but rewarding enough to not simply be too easy.

Here is one I came up with in honor of the new map:

• Uncle Bucker:
      Ride Chickie Cantor for a full 8 seconds.
  2. Robbert

Robbert New Member

maybe something like:

take-down, get a triple with one shots
    bitch slap, get a kill with the shurikan launcher's grapple
    When these fists talk..., get a kill with the railgun's grapple

All i could come up with :|
  3. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Double Rainbow: Kill a pro while they are in each of the rainbows in Uncle Tully's Funland. (Could also be to kill someone while YOU ride each of the rainbows. Note that this doesn't mean you have to kill the -same- pro.)
    Bouncing Betty: Kill three or more pros in one life without exiting the bouncy pit or landing on a solid surface.
    Back in the Saddle: Ride Chickey for the full eight seconds twice before he is killed.
    Not Yours...: Kill a pro who is riding Chicky.
    ...Mine: Kill a pro who is riding Chickey, then ride Chickey yourself for the full eight seconds before he is killed.
  4. Dark_Reaper115

Dark_Reaper115 New Member

Great ideas guys.
    I still would love to see an achievement for killing 2 pros with 1 sniper bullet.
  5. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

An achievement that should be implemented but hasn't been:
    - Build or upgrade Longshot turret 500 times
  6. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Yeah, noticed some time ago that of all the build/destroy turrets achievements, that one is missing.
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

Nice ones, Especially Bouncing Betty and Double Rainbow.

--------

Bowling for Pros: Ring out 2 people at once using the tank or assault's charge

From Bullseye with Love: Kill a pro using a bomb attached to bullseye

Big Spenda: Spend over 1000$ on bot spawners in a single match

Taking One for the team: Receive two assists at the same time while dead.

Priorities straight: Kill 50bots in a single life in crossfire

The Big Play: Use the annihilator twice in a single life

Ghost Buster: Grapple an Assassin who is completely cloaked [Note: This means they can't have taken damage recently.]

Speed And Accuracy: Headshot two pros with one bullet

Stab and Sap: Kill a support and his firebase within 4seconds using only smoke bomb and sword/kunai.

Firebug: Have 4 pros lit on fire at the same time (can be gotten as either assault or tank.)

Gonna Need Crutches: Survive a fall as an assassin that would have killed you otherwise.

Disasterpiece: Spend $1250 on hazards in a single match

Operation: Distraction: Grapple a pro who is under the effects of Juice.

Duck and Cover: Survive a directly attached airstrike
  8. Ldr Black

Ldr Black New Member

I can proudly say that I achieved this today :cool:
  9. killien

killien Active Member

I've done each of these at least once.

Actually was really mean to one Sin. Knew where the guy was gonna come in, tossed a Bomb and waited. Heard the hum, lit the bomb and sent the Sin flying skyward just as they juiced. Managed to gauge where she would land and hit her with a lvl3 AssaultCharge causing a RingOut

If Annihilator counts I've done this more than once as I've had a few long-run games where I hit the Annihilator 5 times or more

Some of my own ideas:

- Surprise Faceplant: Land a Headcrab/GroundZero on a Pro of which you have no line of sight.

- Am Kredit To Team!: In one match, fully Overheal 5 teammates that had less than 1/4 health left

- Good Friend!: Save a teammate from a porentially fatal grapple by killing the grappling enemy

- MeaneyPants: Headcrab an enemy then wait until they near another enemy before detonating

- ChickenThief: Steal a Chickey Cantor kill after the enemy has already taken 90% of his health

- Last Ditch Effort: Land an airstrike marker on the Jackbot after it's Slam causes you to fall towards a RingOut
  10. VLAD

VLAD New Member

The hand is slower than the eye- Be killed by an enemy whom you've head crabbed before you can detonate.

Mile High Club- Head shot an assassin who has just smoke bomb jumped

My team will thank me- Knock a bouncer onto a raised area of a map.

Caught him with his pants down- kill a support while he is hacking his fire base.

No refunds- Kill an enemy using the annihilator so he loses his money, but it doesn't activate.

Combo Breaker- Kill an enemy in the middle of grappling a friendly
  11. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Return to Sender: Kill a Support/Assault with the airstrike/bomb they've attached to you.
    Hail Mary: Attach an airstrike or a bomb to a pro with a minimum of four seconds of flight time. (Too much? Maybe three seconds?)
    David vs. Goliath: As an Assassin, kill a fully-healed tank with no help after they have set you on fire. (Not overhealed.)
    Made You Juice: Damage a pro who has juice and, if they activate it, prevent them from causing any damage while under its effects.
    Stop Right There: Kill a pro who has already spent money on the Annihilator but before it activates.
    Get Off Me: Kill a pro who has grappled you with afterburn before they can finish their grapple.
    Chargin' My...: Kill an enemy who is charging towards you with your Railgun before they hit you.
    Bigger and Better: Destroy a fully-healed enemy firebase with your firebase without it being assisted in any way.
    Bullies: Knock an enemy pro into another knockback effect within 1 second of their landing. (Can be done with bomb, slam, charge, ejector - not grapples. Jackbot can be the second knockback.)
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Clay Pigeon: Shoot a pro after they are flung (like a sniper grappling a target, then sniping them as they fly... but I suppose make this for any pro)

Reverse Clay Pigeon: Shoot a pro after being flung (difficult to do with anything but gunner mortar or sniper, but possible I suppose)

Dirty Fireworks: Detonate a headcrab after they are flung (charge 3, sniper grapple, gunner grapple)

Nice Guess: Throw a headcrab or ground zero on an assassin that is cloaked.

LolDoubleGrapple: Grapple any opponent twice.

Given the Choice: Get rung out with a headcrab (usually means you decided to jump)

Hold Them Down For Me: Get a kill on an opponent being grappled.

The Human Turret: Stay Deployed without dying for 3 minutes (and recieve 1000 damage, to make sure you can't do it in spawn)