Access Code shows "invalid"

Discussion in 'Support!' started by escartist, June 14, 2013.

1. escartist

escartist New Member

I received my access code but always play on Steam so I thought I could convert it. After converting it to a Steam Key I revd notification of it being converted. Now in the Uber Launcher it says my key isn't valid :(
  2. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

When you convert an UberNet key to a Steam key, you must activate the key in Steam before you can play Planetary Annihilation again. We will make this clearer in the UberLauncher in the next update.

Can you try this and let us know if that fixes it?
  3. compholio

compholio New Member

I just switched over my key to Steam, logged into Steam and activated the code, downloaded the game, and launched it from within Steam and it's telling me "Title has not been activated"...

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that other people are having this same issue in another thread.
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

And just ran into the very same issue.

Converted, added game to Steam, downloaded it both on Windows PC and Linux notebook, and both just tell me that the title hasn't been activated yet.

Ubernet launcher tells me, that PA hasn't been unlocked for my account.

I use the same email address for both PA and Steam, the login is a different one (ext3h on Steam).

EDIT: My Steam account was NOT linked with UberNet account. I have now linked them manually: https://uberent.com/user/LinkSteam

I will report if this was sufficient or not.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Just to be clear you guys logged in and played a game on steam right? You need to play from steam before you can play from ubernet again.
  6. neutrino

It should work according to what I see in your account.
  7. neutrino

Also I would HEAVILY encourage people to not convert to Steam unless you primarily intend on using steam to play the game.
  8. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

It does now, once I have started the Windows Steam client.

I only used the Linux Steam client first and that didn't do the trick.
  9. neutrino

You haven't linked you steam account to an ubernet account yet.

If you convert to steam you MUST login using steam and link your account before you can play from the launcher again.
  10. neutrino

Linux/steam is currently broken so this explains it.
  11. escartist

escartist New Member

So the link isn't working with Steam. I'd like to primarily play the game on Steam. I also didn't see a way to play through Steam. It only has a Buy option.

Thanks everybody for your replies so far!
  12. theggman

theggman Member

Did you activate the Steam key on Steam itself? Once the key is activated on your account, you'll be able to download the game directly from Steam. Once downloaded, play a game on Steam, then you'll be able to login to the Ubernet launcher again.
  13. escartist

escartist New Member

Ok, I've now linked my Uber account to my Steam Account with this helpful link from above:
    https://uberent.com/user/LinkSteam

I linked it up and still no access to PA! I've checked my game library and my Gifts and nothing. This is getting a little frustrating for paying as much as I did to get early access and.................nothing. I'm considering on asking for a refund for this much frustration.
  14. escartist

escartist New Member

I see no way on how to activate this on Steam without a link or anything I've seen on Steam or in my Steam account. I've got my "Steam Key" from Uber but don't see anything anywhere on how to activate it.
  15. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

I'm not sure why so many people are having these issues. I linked my steam and uber accounts (I actually already had them linked from a while back), went into "My Keys" on the store, clicked the convert to steam button, activated the code in steam, and launched it and it works great.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352
  16. powdermonkey

powdermonkey New Member

Just an update for everybody.

I was having the same issue; "Title has not been activated"

I had already linked my ubernet account with my steam account, because I played superMNC a little while back, and I was still getting the issue.

I just re-linked my steam account with my ubernet account again and that fixed the problem.
    Thought I would share, because when I visited the ubernet/steam link page it said my account was already linked. I'm probably not the only person in this situation
  17. bailous

bailous New Member

Thanks so much for that link, was not sure were to find it.

Once Converted to steam key, I went to the above link, activated my new steam key and it started to Download the game.