Absolutely love the new 'top 3 players' with replays feature

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by philoscience, November 26, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I know the ability to view other player's replays has been available for a while, but I never really used it before. I really love the new UI tweak to have the top 3 right there with a one-click option to watch a replay. I found this really informative and cool, and particularly unique to PA. It is good to see the power of the chronocam finally being leveraged - there is nothing like watching a fresh match from a top player, and actually having your own total camera control!

edit: one feature request - could we get a simple UI indicator (like changing the color of the button) if the video is 'new' or the same one we already watched? Would be nice as I could see myself watching quite a few of these each day.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I recommend watching my last game. It got pretty crazy for a while and I think a lot of people can learn some tricks (build order, micro, etc) from it.
    maxpowerz and philoscience like this.
  3. philoscience

Can we also grab replays from anyone on the ladder?
  4. cptconundrum

Only the last game from the top 10 in every league.
    philoscience likes this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Gives people a good incentive to try to be top of the ladder. "LOOK HOW INTERNET FAMOUS I AM"
    squishypon3, xankar, drz1 and 3 others like this.
  6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Also should really improve new player experience, assuming people have the good sense to watch then.

Maybe we'll get fewer noobs sitting on their 4 starting mex building a T2 air factory with all air fabbers.
  7. cptconundrum

Sorting the replay list by most views seems to show that people are watching them.
  8. philoscience

They are addictive, especially at 3x speed. You can watch a new match with no BS in < 5 minutes and total camera control. I just watched most of the Uber list!
    thetrophysystem likes this.