About The Assault's Lvl 3 Charge

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by ExT Insanity, February 15, 2011.

1. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

ExT Insanity here just wondering on what you guys think about the lvl 3 charge for the assault class. What I'm wondering, more specifically about, is if you even purchase it at all. Unless I am playing a team full of assassins, I personally do not because I use the charge more for the mobility and to escape near-death situations. Some debate that the 400 is worth the grapple but from my personal experiences, I only become a target when I use it. (Mostly because it's around a 3 to 4 second move which can easily get you killed when playing a skilled or cooperative team.) Also, I could use that 400 for the annihilator or save it for a juice.

Post what you would personally do in this scenario and why or if you have anything to say about it.

Thanks,
    ExT Insanity
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Aside from playing for funzies, the only time I get this is out of necessity. For example, juiced Assassin rushing our base, will most likely destroy all of our turrents. If I have the money, I'll upgrade to Charge 3 just to get rid of her. Unfortunately then I'm stuck with it for the rest of the game :(
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

i think its overpowered but apparently im in the minority from the multiple threads ive read about people saying it needs a buff.
  4. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I think that if you're up against decent communicative players, you'll be shot to pieces in the couple of seconds it takes to grapple people. That said, it's brilliant on Grenade III and Ammo Mule, and is good for CC'ing Juicers.
  5. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I prefer not to use it as a skill period. If I'm playing to win, and nothing else, the only skill that makes it to level three is the bomb. The rest goes to juice. If I'm playing for a win, but havin' fun, I'll upgrade it to Lv 3 last. I enjoy the increased speed for the skill to recharge, but that's about it. I enjoy it's ability to CC, but then I have to be wary when I charge through bots, or charge a person.

I've rung people out, and taken them away from our ball with just a lovely Lv 3 bomb. Knockback on that thing is ridiculous.
  6. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

It's actually a rather fast animation but I still don't get it.
  7. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

It lets you do the TeomiNADE/One man splode-a-pro. Throw an bomb when the grapple is about to connect and see that juiced players face demoralized. Nuff said.
  8. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I prefer calling it the black falcon punch.
  9. TwevOWND97

TwevOWND97 New Member

It's usually the third skill I max out as an assault(fourth being fly.) unless I'm playing on Granadelll or Steel Peel, in which I normally bomb jump around, then I upgrade it last, since then I use it for mobility.
  10. Bezique

Bezique New Member

If I have a high skill regen I find it more useful, you can charge very frequently for moving around.

I find it also pays off on grenade III if you chose to hang around the top of their base where snipers tend to stand, as players come for you having quicker skill regen is more useful than not getting the animation.
  11. mulletmann21

mulletmann21 New Member

Normally I don't get Charge 3 unless I find lots of juice rushers. The animation leaves you too vulnerable to be shot for my liking.
  12. xPEx Noscope

xPEx Noscope New Member

Charge 3 is really a situational move for me. Most games I do not buy it but there are situations where I would such as CC'ing a juiced player or even just using for faster transportation. But nine times out of ten I would use charge two and just use that four hundred to pay for the annhialator or something.
  13. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

the money can be better used somewhere else (turrets, annihilator, and juice)

edit that too
    Last edited: February 16, 2011
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

BUZZERS!
  15. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

LAZUH BLAZUH!