About additional keys

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drinken, September 13, 2012.

1. drinken

drinken New Member

There's 1 omission from the add on examples in the last update, let's say I pledge 40$ and want an extra non beta key. I suppose that means I have to pay 60$ right? If it's even possible to get 1 release key and 1 beta.
  2. zordon

zordon Member

Correct, that is possible.
  3. drinken

drinken New Member

4. strahle

strahle New Member

Other Question: It is possible to divide the two Commander-Models (Alpha-Commander and Progenitor-Commander) on two Game-Keys!? Or only one Game-Key gets all Rewards?!

Because I have one additional Game-Key.... and I want to divide the rewards :)
    Or Both Game-Keys have the same non-physical Rewards?! I dont think so...
  5. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

I don't think there's a way to split those up. I think you would two different pledges, one of $50+ and one of $90+. You might need two separate KS accounts to do that.
  6. sevenniner

sevenniner New Member

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread, but its title fits so well.

I've finally decided to donate. Now unfortunately I'm not able to donate via amazon at the moment, so I'm gonna use paypal.
    Also I've gathered some friends who want to donate, too.
    Do I have to donate 20$ for each person separately or I do I donate the full amount and then somehow tell them that I want X amount of keys instead of Alpha / Beta / other goods?
    I'm sorry, but I'm new to this whole donation thing.
  7. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I think they might ask you after Kickstarter is over, what you want to do with your Paypal pledge, also... can't you sent a small message via Paypal to Uber, stating what you want the money be used for? :)

Have fun and good luck!
  8. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Read update 10 carefully, and then come back if you have questions. You might be able to save a little money by pooling your money into one KS pledge by using the add-on keys. I'm not sure if only having one KS account/email involved will cause problems, like when it comes to having backers-only forum access and such.
  9. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

And to answer one part of the question quickly, to get the add-on stuff (like extra keys) you pledge more money but don't select a higher reward tier. Uber will ask you what you wanted for the money after the KS is over, just make sure you pledged enough.
  10. falcrack

falcrack Member

If I get 1 key, would that single key enable LAN play between my 2 comps at my home? Or will I need a separate key for each comp? I'm trying to decide between the $40 beta access versus 2 regular keys ($40 also) for LAN play at home.
  11. sevenniner

sevenniner New Member

I read the updates and the faqs, that's why I came here.
    Maybe I worded myself in a way you may not have understood, but I'm not able to use amazon at the moment, so I can't make a donation via kickstarter.

Now to elaborate on the problem so you might understand me better.
    Right now I can only donate via paypal for every user separately. I can't find a "custom amount" neither can I add a message.

Well, I guess I just have to do it for anyone individually.
  12. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

I guess I'm still unclear on your situation. If you're just representing friends who each want to be $20 donors, you probably need to make separate donations.

However, if you make a $70 donation and select the $20 reward (after the kickstarter is over, since you're using paypal), the extra $50 can get you 3 extra regular keys. So, in the end, you get 4 regular keys for $70.

Ah, I checked their page and now I see the problem. You can't pay $70. Lemme see if I can find something that answers this.
  13. zordon

zordon Member

yes you can, select the $20 tier, pledge 70 and add a 3key addon.
  14. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

15. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Yes, I just found it too. At the very bottom of all the Paypal donate buttons there is a "Want to donate your own amount?" button, where you can enter any value you want. That's the solution.
  16. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Here's how I understand it so far. I'm not positive, but I imagine you're supposed to have one key per player, and that running a LAN with multiple installs using one key is technically in violation of the licensing (piracy). That said, it won't be enforced (no DRM).

It's also possible (though I doubt it) that they're OK with LAN "spawning", and just have no mechanism to control how much or how often you do it. You could do spawning in the original Starcraft, but that actually installed a cut-down version of the game (not the whole thing).

Also, it's not like they've actually written the EULA for this game yet, so what do I know?

tl;dr You can do it, it may or may not technically be kosher
  17. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Also please note that unlike Kickstarter, Paypal money goes to Uber right away. They'll add up all the money that came from your Paypal, I assume.