A SUGG (super uber good game)

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by killerkiwijuice, September 11, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'm on it!
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Thanks man, you wont be disappointed :p
  4. brianpurkiss

That was a pretty nice match. Recorded, and it'll be posted first thing tomorrow morning.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  5. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Not that I won't watch it when Brian hosts it on his PA Matches site (thanks, Brian, for your dedication!), but a small question out of curiosity.

If I go to the above link, there's another link entitled "Launch replay in PA." If you click on it, the browser complains about not understanding the address.

Well, it's using a presumably custom protocol "startpa://" and I was wondering if my PA install goofed and forgot to register this protocol, or is this something that has never really been supported? (Or do I already have to have the game running?)
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

At least in chrome the page you get to after clicking the "Launch replay in PA" looks like this:

[​IMG]

The link to the forums leads to this: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/info-how-to-open-replay-links.59212/

So no, your pa didn't goof, you need the PA Stats mod (www.pastats.com) for this.
  7. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Well, I'm using Firefox. (Side-Note: I'm really hating Firefox days since it's become so bloated and slow, but there are a few plugins I use frequently which keep me from switching to Chrome.)

Anyway, the "Launch replay in PA" link points to http://www.pastats.com/replay/17845379856227710268, but at least in Firefox, that seems to redirect me to startpa://replay=17845379856227710268 which is where I get the complaint about not understanding the address.

I'll try it in Chrome and see what happens.

Edit: Oh, wait. Sorry. I didn't see/notice the rest of your message after the screenshot. Cool. I'm on it. I'll install the mod. Thanks!
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well yeah, if you read the forums link I provided it should become clear that you need to register that protocol yourself and that you need PA Stats for PA to understand it as well.
    Basically startpa:// was invented by me and is not part of the PA itself.

The link btw always redirects to startpa://, but chrome handles it like this:

[​IMG]

If the protocol is unknown, it will show a different popup, but it will still show the page before the redirect happened I think.
  9. brianpurkiss