A simple way to fix the Vanguard.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by coldsuit, August 2, 2014.

1. coldsuit

coldsuit New Member

I know that the vanguard is the most powerful unit in the game, having suffered at its hands a few times. But the main issue is its mode of attack, its uber cannon splash damage attack. I believe that this should be switched out for the older method, the single unit flame thrower attack. This means that while the vanguard is melting one unit, the others around it can get one more shot off at the vanguard, or allow the inferno to put some steady damage in. Keep everything else the same.

"That was easy"
    klovian likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I dunno if it would be enough, but it certainly would be a step in the right direction.

It doesn't make sense that the Vanguard weapon is more powerful than the Commander Uber cannon and the Vanguard doesn't consume energy.
    klovian likes this.
  3. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

probably agains swarms, ok, but against a Commander... No
    probably the best way to fix it is nerfing it damage, and/or making it work like the older Commander UC, w/ something like 5 second reload, or a bit less
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I wonder if someone already fixed that in a mod somewhere.....almost exactly as you describe.....
    klovian and epicblaster117 like this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Deleted a bunch of posts because going off-topic and turning unpleasant. Please be nice to each other.
  6. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

I liked the flame throwing vanguard more as the uber canon firing vanguard.