A serious question to the Devs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Imsoooometal, August 19, 2010.

1. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Now that your game is run away smash hit you may have had some time to reflect. We all know how great your game is but, if there was ONE thing you would have like to change what would it be? What's the one thing that you would have loved to put into the game that never made it. Or maybe it's something in the game that you wish never got put in? Perhaps it's a feature or class. Game mode. ANYTHING!

So? What is it?
  2. z Bumontherun z

z Bumontherun z New Member

3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm pretty happy with the game. More maps would be awesome ;)

There are a bunch of small features that we cut that I'd like to see return. For example neutral turrets!
  4. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

You guys owe it to yourself to make a full fledged multiplatform sequel. Think this could do well on PC, 360 and PS3?
  5. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Team hackable neutral turrets?
  6. Arcell

Arcell New Member

More maps is a must IMO. The few we have are great but some of them feel very similar and you can cycle through the entire list pretty quickly if the matches go fast. Even just a few more maps that feel distinctly different would be enough.

Neutral turrets actually sounds like a great idea but wouldn't that require a redesign of the maps as they stand? Well, I guess you'd just have to rethink the placement of turret nodes.
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The one thing I think is missing from Monday Night Combat more than anything else, bar none, is more waffles.

Maybe maple syrup, except maple trees are extinct. It was made illegal to sell in 2035, so of course it became immediately the most popular syrup and people started cutting down all the maple trees thinking they could get the syrup out once they got the tree home.

RegeneGreat waffles are good though, and Grandma Betty's makes some pretty good breakfast enhancement syrup. Well, actually, those are in the game, so I guess we're not missing anything.
  8. JACKO6622

JACKO6622 New Member

I like the maps and the only huge difference for me is the backgrounds :lol: , I think if they made another map the background should be a jungle!
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. :p

I'd be in the 'more maps' camp. They take time and money to create and we're a very small team.
  10. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

At first I was like 'moar mapz' but when you get some play time It's difficult to see if there'd be a benefit... Without meaning to sound like I'm dissing the game (love it to bits) how many combinations of: High Road L/R, Low Road L/R, and Centre road can you have? More maps would just be the same but different, it has little effect in the grand scheme of things.

That being said, moar mapz plox.
  11. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Awesome, any plans for more game modes aswell? I think a well thought trough CTF mode would work quite nicely i think.
    Then again with a few more maps i'm not sure how much we'd need a new game mode.

With plans for new content will you also increase the level cap? I'm already at 71 now and rocketing towards 99 faster then i'd like.

That neutral turret idea sounds kinda bad though, getting killed by bots because you barely lived trough an epic battle is bad enough as it is :p
  12. Arcell

Arcell New Member

To what end though? Level doesn't really mean anything, all it does is give a general idea of how long someone has been playing.

Also while I understand that creating new maps costs time and money, creating any new content does. So if you're gonna spend time and money creating something, moar maps plx? Or some cosmetic character customization :p
  13. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Proof is in the pudding. :)
  14. scyfed

scyfed New Member

now lets not get ahead of ourselves here. the game needs tweaking first. get rid of those gunners killing u from across the map :?
  15. B3NH0LD3N

B3NH0LD3N New Member

i would like it if when you spawn bots you could pick which ones you want to spawn so then like each type of bot costs different amounts but obviously you shouldn't be able to spawn jackbots
  16. Louis010

Louis010 New Member

accuracy level 3, my best friend :twisted:
  17. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We can do some stuff with new maps that does some compelling things with the same game type but a different feel.

Personally, not a fan of CTF games.
  18. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I'm all for this. Push the genre forward, show all the inevitable cash-ins how it's really done!
  19. blue atlas

blue atlas New Member

Personally, I'm glad to hear that. The game mode you created with Crossfire is so much more dynamic than any CTF game could ever be.
  20. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I on the other hand am a huge fan of CTF games.