A second announcer

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by yeahman, January 28, 2011.

1. yeahman

yeahman New Member

I posted this on the Steam User forums.

It'd have the same dynamic, with the same periodic comments. And for those long periods of time where nothing happens (rare, I know) they can stir up conversation themselves.

The reason I think it's a good idea is because some of the comments Mickey says just sound... well, kind of weird. He's talking to the audience and the players but gets no response back. In one of his comments, he makes fun of the fact that there's nobody to reply to him. In regular, real sports here in the real world there's very rarely only one announcer. I think there's a lot of logic behind that.

One way to balance out a second announcer would be to randomly cycle who announces each game. Mickey alone, Mickey and a second announcer, or just the second announcer. It would add a lot of variety and still allow for all of his current lines to stay in the game and stay relevant.

for those curious, the steam forum thread is here:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1733355
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You're going to pay for the voice actor I suppose?

Things cost money, and their development is pretty much over with. All they should be doing is adding patches, fixes, those sorts of things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for your idea, but it all comes down to money and... Uber would probably like to keep as much profit as they can. They've already got a solid game with a solid review rating thus far.
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Mickey Cantor has been in a Mexican prison cell for 30 years dude. Unless he gets another inmate locked in with him, i doubt hell have a companion. However we have discussed this on the 360 forums before, i too would like to hear another announcer but im happy with just Mickey as well
  4. yeahman

yeahman New Member

Stop shooting down good ideas.
  5. Jeff

Jeff New Member

theres 2 no wait 4 announcers theres mickey pitgirl the mascot and my favorite THE JUICEBOT i mean they do talk about the game right?
  6. goathax

goathax New Member

I think he's talking more about having two color commentators, like when you have two guys doing commentary in football and interacting with each other.
  7. yeahman

yeahman New Member

this
  8. eternal

eternal New Member

I'd love a second color commentator. Perhaps one that's a former clone contender.

Anyone here play Madworld on the Wii? Loved the color commentator system in that, they did a fantastic job.