A question regarding asteroid to planet collisions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by toxinarrow, September 2, 2012.

1. toxinarrow

toxinarrow New Member

So in the trailer the asteroid appears to destroy the entire planet. My question is are there different asteroid sizes/will they affect the targeted planet differently in terms of damage?

The reason I ask is I think it would be interesting to use small asteroids to clear off an opponent's base without destroying the entire planet (and therefore it's resources/strategic value/etc.) Or something like this could help balance them out by making proper targeting and timing essential for skilled use. Anyone can just launch a space rock at a planet, but good players would be able to time it out to make it hit it's destination, instead of hitting somewhere on the other side of the planet and just making a huge crater.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Sorry if this has been discussed before.
  2. mrwonko

mrwonko Member

There will be different "strengths" of impact, ranging from local destruction to total planetary annihilation. (Feel free to search for the quote, I'm not going to, no offense.)
  3. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Yeah, in what I think was the totalbiscuit interview, he said there may be some differences in the amount of destruction they reign down.

Personally, I'd like the ability to create a new land mass with them. Maybe it'd cause a tsunami and raise the sea level a bit.