A new game mode well-thought idea [UPDATED]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by filipfonky, February 10, 2011.

1. filipfonky

filipfonky New Member

I wrote this same idea om Steam Powered Users Forums and they liked it. So they told me to post it in here too. Let me know what you think.

After an half hour of thinking, i finally got an idea.

A completely new game mode.
    That has NEVER been made on a game.
    So, here it is:

-Gameplay: Each team has a giant Spunky Cola container. When you get full juice, You can choose between activating them, or going back to your base to fill some of the container.There should be something like a button. You hit it and your Juice transfers into it. The team that fills the container first, wins!

-Overtime: Obviously, you get more time than an usual match. But if you reach OverTime, you DON'T get the Spunky Cola boost, but just the other endorsements. Overtime lasts 5 minutes instead of the usual 2.

-Map: The map should still be symmetrical. But with large bridges that lead to the base, so you can fill the container whenever you want.

-Turrets: The buildable spots should be less than usual, so you'll need teamwork to protect your own Spunky Cola.

-Bots: There will be no "elimination bots". For those who dont know, elimination bots are Gremlins, Bounchers, Buzzers. In this gamemode, you need to scort the bots to the enemy base AND scort them back. The bot path is a circle. When a blackjack will get to the enemy base, it will take juice (not too much, it will be like 1 or 1,5 juice pickups) and then come back to your base to put the juice in your container!

-Classes who get juice too fast: Oh, its simple. Juice will not be obtainable through Grapples and Bots. So Assassins and other classes will be at the same level.

-The best part: If you manage to get to the enemy container, you will be able to steal its juice! Obviously, this will not be a "hit-and-run" but you'll need twice the time it takes for an Hack level 1 to finish. So, basically, you'll need some help from your friends.

So, what do you think about it?
    Should Uber think about doing it?
    Discuss.
    Last edited: February 11, 2011
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Re: A new game mode well-thought idea

I like it. Very different.

Nice job. :)
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I like it.
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

Good idea, would definitely play
  5. wolffman

wolffman New Member

Good idea, I support it!
  6. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

i like the idea, might need a bit of refinement but overall it does seem like an interesting idea. difficulty will be that certain classes build juice so much quicker than others.

If that can be taken care of then something added like you can deposit your juice at any time but if you wait until you get full juice then you get more out of it persay. this would be so that people can put it in if they dont expect to live long, but if you want to risk it then they can and there is a reward for it.
  7. The Noid

The Noid New Member

This. I am already annoyed by some classes being able to build juice five times faster than others in the current Crossfire mode. This would be even worse unless some MAJOR tweaking was done to juice gain.
  8. Runie

Runie New Member

Not so much, just make the classes that build juice faster actually contribute less juice than those that build it slowly. Like if the support was full and dumped it he'd dump 1000 points worth of it while the assassin would dump 300 worth
  9. Timon

Timon Member

Nice idea, though it's impossible to protect your bots if they are the only target, since tanks, gunners and those beastly snipers can just pew pew them from far away...

Maybe make bots just immune to shots, so you have to melee them?

So, nice idea, with some tweaks probably enjoyable, if your team aint going deathmatch obviously...
  10. Getsuga Tensho

Getsuga Tensho New Member

I think something similar could be done just to give you a little more of a challenge. Instead of your team holding your own container, you hold the enemies container in your base. You have to obtain Juice and make your way into the enemy base before you can deposit your Juice. This would mean you would have to choose between trying to make it to your container to deposit your Juice or using your Juice to push back the enemy pros and help the rest of your team deposit their Juice.

If Juice wasn't obtained from bots or you gained less Juice then I've got an idea for the bots. Depending on the type of bot, they would deposit a different but small amount of Juice (and I mean small) once/if they manage to reach your container before self destructing. This would give bots more of a purpose and make controlling lanes a core aspect of the game. If you did it that way then if the games were even, a single bot could tip the balance.

I do think eliminator bots could be useful. If an enemy pro is careless then they could find themselves losing that hard earned Juice setting their team back a little bit.

Anyways, just my take on this idea. Liking the idea of this game mode anyhow. :p

edit:

Also this:
    Maybe dumping Juice could take a few seconds to complete as well meaning an Assassin couldn't keep sneaking in while cloaked, dumping juice and doing it again. They'd have to time it so they did it when no one is around or before enemy pros can do anything about it.

As for stealing Juice. If it's something that would be needed then maybe having something further back in the enemy base where you could steal juice with the time needed to do so still being the level 1 hack time.
  11. Oscar

Oscar New Member

12. filipfonky

filipfonky New Member

That would be a really cool challenge!
    But if there are Turrets, how could you bring the Juice to your container?
  13. filipfonky

filipfonky New Member

Oh and another thing.
    Is there a way i cacn contact the Uber Team to suggest them the idea?
    I found 3 e-mail addresses in "Contact Us" but those are not for suggestion.
    so, is there a specific e-mail address so i can send them this idea?
  14. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

They read the forums daily. Any Red or Orange people you see are Uber employees.

But, you appear to have not read the contact page properly.

[​IMG]

If they're interested in it, they'll let you know. If not, then just make it yourself when the SDK is finished.
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

It definitely is a unique game mode, that fits in with current balances and themes of the game. I like it, but still think the idea could use tweaking.

I think you should only be able to empty your meter when it's completely full.

I think bot should get juice. I mean, it's practically the same problem no matter what. Either the assassin gets juice and wrecks your base unless you walk with bots, or the assassin gets juice and fills her can if you don't guard bots. Still bot pushing.

Bots shouldn't "steal" juice. Just drain it somehow. Like, when they arrive at the enemy objective (which could be at the same spot as the moneyball, and played the same way), they should simply walk up and jump on like they do now, and the juice goes down by a juice-box. It just goes down, not transfered anywhere but removed.

Also, pros shouldn't be able to attack it at all, or at least I see obvious reasons why pros can't currently attack moneyballs.

I think different classes should contribute different levels of juice. I think an assassin should fill it 1/10 of the way, gunners should fill it 1/5 of the way, assaults should fill it 1/7 the way, you get the idea. So, when a bot attacks the enemy objective, it should take 1/6th of an assassin's contribution away from the enemy's stash.

So, in the end it's just like crossfire, except the moneyball is a juice silo, the objective is to fill it, and bots knock the juice down. Hell, I like it even better than current crossfire, great idea that doesn't knock off some other game like CTF or KOTH. I see something Uber can use as premium DLC, I see anyone for either console or steam wanting to buy this, it expands the game a lot.
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

The whole no juice from bots thing actually puts the Assassin at more of a disadvantage than other classes, from what I see. Bullets get juice off of pros faster and easier than the sword does.
  17. Mail

Mail New Member

I haven't actually had the opportunity to play assassin since the change happened(probably in beta). Every game I seem to join already has an assassin or two, and I know I'll never be good enough to compensate for my lost manpower as a tank, support, or assault(which are the classes I'm playing now).
  18. sodiumbmx

sodiumbmx New Member

Lol, this reminds me of family double dare when they have to fill the containers with the blue liquid.