A few sniper tips

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by EnLight, September 11, 2010.

1. EnLight

EnLight New Member

If you were looking for a thread to become the afsum headshoot mastur, this isn't it, sorry.

To start off lets talk about that funny looking mascot. Too far away for your SMG to get money? Other team hogging it? No problem! Just upgrade that Passive skill to level 3 and pull that trigger! The AoE from the Passive 3 will do serious damage on the other team near the mascot (best results with RoF). I've had many triple kills from this, ecspecially on assassins.

Another similar tactic is shooting friendly-bots! Super-fast assassin seems to dodge all your shots, but with a little teamwork, your bots will get you that kill.

Try using those tips, it helps me out a lot. Try shooting turrets that supports are overhealing, enemy bots, turrets being upgraded, your own teammates (not sure if that one works). Let me know what outcomes you get.

My endorsements are: RoF, Armor, and Skill Recovery. I've had a few Uber streaks like this. I rarely snipe.
  2. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Hitting one enemy standing next to another will kill both

Shooting firebases can kill the support if hes a little too close

Always toss flak onto bullseye when he stops and dances if you can, rakes in fast cast for doing nothin

The number of bots effect how easy your splash kills are

If there is about 5-6 bots clumped up and you see an enemy sin getting near them
    Reguardless of if they are your bots or theirs a single shot will often drop the sin

But if its only like 3 bots you prolly won't

The reason for this I believe is passive 2 is bullet pen, each bot the shot passes through splashes
  3. jovial1

jovial1 New Member

I've got to admit, if it weren't for the AE splash on an upgraded Sniper, I couldn't play the class at all. This at least helps me limp through to playing it badly. I'll try to keep some of this more consciously in mind next time I play.

The only time I do well as a Sniper is when the other team's worse. But I'm trying to get better. :)
  4. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Tips? Spam traps everywhere, get Gold RoF and spray at anything you see?
  5. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i hate seeing people thinking sniper is the best at killing pro's and only go for them, screw that, bots and turrets are the best things to kill with a sniper, rakes in the cash as well (end game cash)
  6. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Nah, everyone goes after Sniper because he looks like a Nerd and no one likes him.

Pick a fight with Steve Jobs or Arnie?
  7. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

Arnie now or terminator 1/2 Arnie?