A draw condition

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by probodobodyne, July 20, 2015.

1. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

I think a Draw should be a possibility in this game as there are many times where it can happen. (It may happen already with a commander explosion killing a commander but I haven't seen that to occur yet)

For instance, earlier today I rammed my moon in a two planet system squarely on top of the enemy commander; this maneuver should have ended the game in a draw. Of course I was very unlikely to win, but I also managed to destroy his commander, so there should be a distinction being able to pull off a desperate move and not being able to pull it off.

For that I suggest not awarding the victory to either commander if they have died around the same time. You should only be able to win if your commander is still alive and not only at the moment of killing the enemy commander.
    stuart98, whisperr and cdrkf like this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Another addition I'd like to see is the 'kill everything' game mode from ta. It woul avoid the entire end game being devoted to snipes.
    whisperr, ace63 and tunsel11 like this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the commander should be removed then and repaced by one or a couple fabbers .. or comnukeexplosion turned of ..
  4. cdrkf

Maybe, I dunno TA always had the option for 'commander death game continues' and kept the commander nuke and everything. It's just a nice option to have, even if it's only available for AI skirmishes.
  5. MrTBSC

the thing simply is i have no interest in players just being able to be superaggressive with their commander early game and being overly rewarded for it just because it is now a expendable unit it still pretty powerfull .. i think there is a risk to that happening
  6. whisperr

whisperr Member

It doesn't hurt to have extra options.
  7. MrTBSC

cheap and unfair options can ideed hurt the enjoyment of the game ..
    we had this issue often enough back in alpha and beta when comnukes were as powerful as regular nukes .. especialy in teamgames ...
  8. cdrkf

Thing is though com explosion does little damage and com produces lots of resources and has high build power. A player who throws away their com early is at a significant disadvantage imo.

Also coms were always a key part of the offensive game in TA so I don't think people being free to use them a bit is such an issue.

Remember that to get early com rushed you have to be on a very small map. Any decent sized map the com simply can't get to you quickly enough to pose a problem.
  9. MrTBSC

that would remain to be seen ...