A Couple Strategic, Very Basic 1V1 Systems

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by wallacengineering, January 9, 2018.

1. wallacengineering

wallacengineering New Member

I am new to PA: Titans, having played less than a week, and wanted to create a system that was fairly simple for those who want to duel it out to see who is best. Both systems ONLY have two spawn points so these are STRICTLY 1v1 Systems.

System 1: 1v1 Strategic System
    System 2: 1v1 Strategic System (Expandable)

These systems would be great for 1v1 tournament style play, elimination bracket style for example. The standard system calls for a "Turtle" Build, and favors building defenses and planning very coordinated attacks, where as the expandable edition favors base expansion and rush attacks are far more feesable.

The highlights of these systems are Limited Resources, Fortified Base Zones, and Strategic Pathways. The original system restricts player resource gathering to the starting area, where as the expandable system includes extra resources both around the starting planet, and includes a gas giant planet for some off-world gathering.

Take care planning your attacks, as the walls surrounding the starting location provide ample areas for defenses and the tallest parts of the walls on each corner will even stop nuclear missiles!

I took my time building the planet, making sure X, Y, and Z coordinates of all the planet's construction were all as perfectly symmetrical as possible, giving the finished product a very clean, professional look, something that competitions favor for fairness.

After Several test runs using AI, I can now see how these systems should be played. Considering the limited resources, you can raise or lower your economy rate to change the difficulty. Based on what I have seen from different difficulty AI on different economy rates, the difficulty layout is as follows (Difficulty - Economy Rate):

For 1v1 Strategic System (Standard Ver.): Easy - 2.0, Normal - 1.5, Hard - 1.0, Relentless - 0.7, Absurd - 0.5

For 1v1 Strategic System (Expandable Ver.): Easy - 1.6, Normal - 1.2, Hard - 0.9, Relentless - 0.6, Absurd - 0.4

Average Play Times: Easy - 16 Mins, Normal - 27 Mins, Hard - 33 Mins, Relentless - 41 Mins, Absurd - 56 Mins

I seem to have the most fun on Hard. It limits your resources so you cant build a gigantic army right away, but still allows you enough resource to have some fun. Try experimenting with different setups and let me know how it goes!

I cant believe I didnt discover this game sooner, it is an amazing game and what I always wanted from a top-down strategy game, so much better than Star Craft! I hope you guys enjoy my first system builds!

Main System Planet: Falkrah (Standard Edition)
    20180109202245_1.jpg
    Main System Planet: Falkrah (Standard Edition)
    20180109202300_1.jpg
    Main System Planet: Falkrah Tetros (Expandable Edition)
    20180109202511_1.jpg
    System Rendered in Game [Includes Gas Giant Xepros] (Expandable Edition)
    20180109202605_1.jpg
    System Information (Standard Edition)
    20180109202355_1.jpg
    System Information (Expandable Edition)
    20180109202401_1.jpg
    Last edited: January 10, 2018
    lulamae likes this.
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Try uploading now.
    wallacengineering likes this.
  3. wallacengineering

wallacengineering New Member

Got it, Thanks! Oh wait, now I cant upload exported system files. Well I shared them in game, so hopefully people will find them! They are on Default Server!