8-Bit MNC Desktop Icon

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by azure, March 11, 2011.

1. azure

azure Member

I found that my Desktop Icon for MNC was a blurry mess, so I decided to come up with an alternative icon I could use. Anyway, after a little bit of work, here it is.

[​IMG]
    (Direct link: here.)

It's essentially just the logo from the 8-Bit crossfire desktop, resized (I had to do it by hand, I might add), and with a few changes (background, light thingies, and slight font change on the C).

To use it:
    Right click and save, preferably to desktop (you can delete this file later)
    Open it up in your favorite mid- to high-end Image editor (GIMP, Photoshop, etc.)
    Make sure transparency is working and Save as a .ico file in a directory of your choice
    Set it as the icon for your shortcut

Sorry about not already being in .ico, but I don't know any good sites for non-image file uploads. I may do different versions if they are requested (sans lights or whatever), but making modifications should be simple if you want to do them yourself.
    Last edited: March 13, 2011
  2. Runie

Runie New Member

Re: MNC Icon

I never use desktop icons but this is pretty cool.
  3. Snug

Snug New Member

Very fancy, sir!
  4. peteisfat

peteisfat New Member

I'm pretty sure you can change the icon to the one mnc.exe uses (located in /Binaries/Win32/) and it'll give you a high quality icon.
  5. azure

azure Member

I actually didn't know that. That's certainly another option for all the destop users outthere.
  6. Infininja

Infininja New Member

Why is the default one so blurry then? >_< I thought it was ugly when I got the game too.
  7. azure

azure Member

I hope this isn't gonna get me in trouble, but...
    bump?

*covers ears*
  8. jAstro

jAstro New Member

[​IMG]
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

My Win32 folder is empty...