75539 Pathing and Building Bug (lava planets?)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nimro, November 28, 2014.

1. nimro

nimro Member

Hello all

I'm having a bug where trying to place a building can be a very frustrating experience! I will tell a unit to build something, it will accept the command, then when it gets to the target it just fails to build and the item is removed from the build queue.

The most recent game this happened was: 2135024293493362101 - hold shift and watch the northenmost commander at just after 01:00. You'll see he tries to build an air factory several times before I was able to find a spot it wouldn't fail on. This behaviour continued throughout the game (though doesn't entirely excuse the shoddy skills on show!).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? So far it's been lava planets on multi-planet systems for me.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Actually I think I've had a similar issue where I would place a long row of factories on the ranked planet Forge, so indeed a laval planet.
    The line build would preview all factories as fine and after releasing they are displayed as a preview, but an unspecified time frame later (really no idea, not long I think) I notice some of the factories have disappeared from the queue.
  3. nimro

nimro Member

Yep that sounds like exactly the same issue!
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

This has something to do with pathing. It also happened to me until the last few patches.

I thought I found out exactly why this happened but I can't remember how to get around it. Sigh... I wish I could remember why it happened.
  5. n00n

n00n Active Member

Last edited: November 29, 2014
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Can't really disprove that, but unit movement has not shown any weird behavior at all and it does mostly happen in areas that are "close" to visibly blocked areas.
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I've been having pathfinding issues with any CSGs that have been scaled up. Units seem much more likely to get stuck on them, and the "hitbox" on some (especially on the 1v1 ranked lava map) seem bigger than they actually look. "I CAN FIT A FABRICATOR THROUGH THAT HOLE IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO".