4k @ 60fps on 1080 GTX, with Links

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by leadbringer, January 20, 2017.

1. leadbringer

leadbringer New Member

Hello,

Was able to get 4k @ 60 fps with all settings at max. Game was smooth and looked great!

Here is the gear:
    - Processor: 6-core Skylake, at BH Photo
    - Motherboard: ASUS Deluxe II, at NewEgg
    - Video Card: EVGA 1080 Founders Edition, at BH Photo, chose this SKU of the 1080 series because of three DisplayPorts
    - Memory: GSkill TridentZ 8x8gb, at NewEgg, over-clocking the memory XMP has been problematic
    - Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540, at NewEgg
    - Hard Drive: Samsung 960 M.2 1 GB, at BH Photo
    - Power Supply: Corsair 1000W Platinum PS, at BH Photo
    - CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master GeminII 524 CPU Cooler, at BH Photo, too hard to install to recommend
    - Keyboard: Corsair Mechanical Keyboard, at BH Photo
    - Mouse: Razer Death Adder Lefty Mouse
    - Monitor: Eizo EV3237FX, at BH Photo, gaming not primary concern, probably better gaming monitors for cheaper

Not suggesting anyone get this setup for gaming. Just wanted to share the game runs great on a 1080 GTX at 4k.

Best,
    - Lead Bringer
    lulamae and mwreynolds like this.
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Screenshots please, last time when folks tried to run PA in UHD, it was actually just running in 1440p, which you could see by the resolution of the screenshots. Would be nice to hear that this got fixed!
  3. leadbringer

leadbringer New Member

4k Screenshot attached, had to JPEG it because the PNG was too big to upload

Attached Files:

4. leadbringer

leadbringer New Member

5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Just post the links. They're always enabled.
  6. leadbringer

leadbringer New Member

@wpmarshall Maybe because I am too new? Please see attached.

Attached Files:

7. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

With the 1080 I just received, I'm only getting 30 fps at 4K regardless of the settings. By the end of AI skirmishes I'm usually down to 15 fps. This is both online and offline. I'm hoping I can attribute this to my cpu, i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz.

I'm looking to build a new rig later this summer with the new Kaby Lake-X chips @ 4.3 GHz