[49122] Game slowly dies and freezes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by whiskeyninja, June 7, 2013.

1. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

I was going to post this in the bug-tracker, but it didn't seem quite buggy enough:

As my DXDiag indicates, I have a bordering-on-ancient PC. For the sake of knowing, I thought I would post that the games starts out fine, but slows to a crawl over the course of ~20 minutes (depending on how much I build), until it stops responding.

I don't expect it to improve until beta, I just thought you guys might like a performance watermark on lower end machines.

Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

That's an older machine, certainly, but we'd hope to get a dual core running a 460 performing quite a bit better, but might take us a while to get there. :)

Turn settings way down, and shut down anything you can, and that should help a lot. I hope!
  3. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

It does, I should have mentioned that. I also noticed a (psychosomatic?) improvement between 49073 and 49122.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Probably.. I just posted build notes, but for everything we post, there's usually a few more changes that have happened that are hard to make a note for but do things like fix a specific stability or improve certain aspects of performance. It's likely you will see performance improvements from build to build, even when we don't call em out.