$40 on Steam ~ $90 on Kickstarter?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by skyrant, June 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyrant

skyrant New Member

I have nothing against you selling this on steam, it's your product. I would however have appreciated a heads up that this will be on steam as a pre-order/kickstarter purchase with the same benefits as a backer.

Having said that, I would like a refund on my kickstarter pledge because the game on steam costs only $38 in my country (I currently work in Kiev). I don't see why i need to pay more for the same benefits.

If a refund is not possible, i would like to get 2 Steam keys please.

Cheers | skyrant

PS: I would like to get one Steam Key ASAP in any case to access my Alpha i paid double for.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Sorry, you're a bit mistaken.

The $90 KickStarter rewards are the same as the $90 Steam Early Access pack.

The $40 KickStarter rewards are the same as the $40 Steam pack (whatever it's called).

If you pay $40 ($38) on Steam, you won' be able to play until mid September.

If you paid $90 on KickStarter (just like I did), then you can play right now.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's not true, for some reason Uber (or Valve?) set low regional price and I think it's was really bad idea. I'm from Russia, but I paid 90$ for and Steam price is currently 40$.

Probably it's just mistake, I PM*ed neutrino about that and don't get answer yet.
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I'm from the lower tier in Europe as far as Steam is concerned and I still have the 83 Euros listed for PA on Steam. It is probably an error.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I want to believe it's error which will be fixed because I got lot of friends who made pre-orders for 90$ and they won't be happy about 40$ regional price.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Are we talking regional price for the play this weekend Early Access PA?

That's interesting. I too hope it's a simple mistake.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yeah, you might see it's there:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250?cc=ru
    Currency converter from RUB to USB is here:
    http://www.xe.com/

Me too, it's seems to be really unfair for backers/pre-orders from Russian/Ukraine/etc because they paid 90$ and its a big money here.
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

9. skyrant

skyrant New Member

1. There is no $40 Steam pack in my country.
    2. The regular pack is roughly $38 (converted from 1199 rubels) contains Alpha and everything else.
  10. skyrant

skyrant New Member

I think giving us 2 steam keys instead of one would be fair. I can give one to my friend who can not afford the game so we can play together.
  11. Proxus

Proxus Member

No.

You backed on Kickstarter to contribute to the games development. I know I don't speak for Uber here but they have zero obligation to refund anything due to a third party reducing their cost in other countries.

The fix for this is to Stop treating Kickstarter as a STORE!
  12. evilgenius1986

evilgenius1986 New Member

just bought it for 83 euro, im not complaining tha i paid 110$ for a 90$ package so you shouldn't complain about this.
  13. skyrant

skyrant New Member

1. I backed on kickstarter with the promise of exclusive rewards. I was not told that this offer will be made available later for a reduced price on a different platform.
    2. No third party is reducing the price. Uber sets the price.
    3. Fact is that the rewards (which include the game) have been reduced in price.
  14. antillie

antillie Member

This is the risk you took when you chose to back the Kickstarter. Deal with it. The reasons why you felt that alpha access was worth $90 are just as valid now as they were then. Be happy that you helped to fund the game a bit more.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Galactic edition gets a very small subset of the rewards that were provided through Kickstarter. They are not the same thing.
  16. sepoquro

sepoquro New Member

[​IMG]

It's true. Use a currency converter.
  17. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJtMNSZ5ZfY

Some one posted this about people who are complaining about price. Please watch it and take offense.
  18. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

I understand the dilemma here, however when Uber set the price, it was $90. Steam (Valve) apparently automatically reduce this for the Russian market.

If you bring a laptop to my hometown in the UK and look at the same product, you will be charged the UK price, and that same laptop logged in at a California airport will show $90.

Russian price 1199 rubles
    UK price £67.99
    US price $89.99

add ?cc=<country code> to the end to see the various prices around the globe

Also note: $90 according to xe.com is £57.35 not £67.99. UK buyers on Steam are actually being asked to pay $106.68 for PA (E&OE). They can save a tenner by going direct to Uber instead and getting the Galactic Edition pre-order.

So Uber have not set the price low for your country, Steam has set the price low for your country, the same way Steam has set the price high for my country. If you wish to vent your ire, I would suggest that Steam is possibly a more accurate target for it.

Also, I paid money to the kickstarter to ensure the game was actually developed. If the kickstarter had failed, then we would not be in this position; none of us would be able to argue over Steam pricing disparities because PA would not exist, except in Neutrino's head as a project he'd love the chance to make.

I could have waited until December and paid $40 (or more likely £34.99 on Steam :evil: ) and still got PA. I chose to pay more to make sure it happened. I do not regret that decision at all :)
  19. vindico

vindico New Member

I'll paypal 1400 руб to any russian who'll buy it for me...There's no region locks is there?
  20. skyrant

skyrant New Member

*yawn* that is so 1980's how old are you, 15? We've been using this video when you still **** your pants, you probably still do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.