Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stuart98, December 29, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That's how many times more expensive it is to constuct a unit cannon than a teleporter, and that's without taking into account how much cheaper an orbital launcher is than a T2 factory or how much cheaper an orbital fabber is than a T2 fabber.

Teleporters are, compared to the unit cannon, overpowered. Plain and simple.
    tatsujb, killerkiwijuice and igncom1 like this.
  2. orangerinapay

orangerinapay Active Member

Yes but the unit cannon does have the surprise advantage to it. It can simply launch units onto your planet and unless you have umbrellas everywhere, you aint gonna stop them from landing. The teleporter on the other hand can be spotted by your scouts and sniped by bombers in no time before you can even have any units on the field. With the unit cannon you can just plop down 12+ spinners to create a landing zone and drop down your slammers later.

I do agree that the unit cannon does cost too much and should be decreased. However I do not think it is outclasses by teleporters, they fit different roles.

Teleporters are great at logistics between bases while unit cannons are used to create a beachheads on planets or snipe a commander (or possibly a teleporter).
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Teleporters were made super cheap and buildable from orbit (I don't like either) since they were the only transportation available for a loooong time. I think Uber should still add multi-unit transports to give us a third invasion option and balance from there.
    Last edited: December 29, 2014
    wilhelmvx, MrTBSC and igncom1 like this.
  4. elodea

elodea Post Master General

That's how many times more expensive it is to construct a vanguard than a wall, and that's without taking into account how much cheaper it is without a t2 factory.

Walls are, compared to the vanguard, overpowered. Plain and simple.

Also,

Thats how many pieces of pizza you can get with only 3 cuts. Imba
  5. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

The answer is, obviously, 42.

How do you get 8 pieces with three cuts? I can't get over 7... o_O
  6. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Ye of little faith! Behold!

[​IMG]
    xankar, temeter, towerbabbel and 8 others like this.
  7. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Yeah, if only teleporters had some serious viability issues, like they're really easily destroyed and readily countered by good intelligence or something...