3 ways to go with factories.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by bearman80, August 1, 2013.

1. bearman80

bearman80 New Member

3 ways to go with factories.

1. Factories work like in SupCom FA, where loads of assisting is the key for good output.

2. Factories work like in the changed FAF were many factories is the key for good output.
    And asisting is less efficent.

3. I would like to suggest a third alternative, which I; atleast prior to trying it; prefer:
    Factories can be uppgraded with greater build capacity, limitless, which should be more efficent than building loads of engineers or loads of factories. This to avoid the need for both factory spam and engineer spam.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

AFAIK 2 is the way it's intended to be going.

I am against 3 because it means you don't need any space to get monstrous production. If you are spamming lots of units you should have the disadvantage of space limitation.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Indeed. Moar Lebensraum ;)!
  4. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I believe PA is going with option 2. The focus is on building a massive sprawling base that can span whole continents, which looks way cooler anyway. It also inherently balances people who prefer ultra fast production against turtles. You can't turtle a whole continent very easily, but in order to make a small easy to turtle base you have to sacrifice production capacity.

Also, AFAIK there will be no upgrades in PA, with the possible exception of mex.
  5. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

This the way its cool.

Attached Files:

• 980.jpg
      980.jpg
      File size:
      419.5 KB
      Views:
  6. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Ugh, factory assisting. That's, just no.

How do you build more ships faster? You make more drydocks. How do you increase the production rate of BMW's? You make more BMW factories.

You don't put more workers or robots on them because the factories are already at capacity.