3 Star Max in Uber Official Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Rogueblades, March 30, 2011.

1. Rogueblades

Rogueblades Active Member

I do not like this. Your servers are by far the best in the game and it sucks that I can no longer play on them unless I drop my star rating. Do you have any plans of changing this or putting up more servers for the higher rated players. The whole star rating thing is only made worse by the fact that you have cut a number of players off from the best servers around.

Any word?
  2. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, it's irritated me on a few occasions at unholy hours where the only populated servers with sub-100 ping are the Officials with a 3-star limit
    I wouldn't say get rid of the 3-star limit, but maybe a half-and-half of 3star/5star servers
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We'll adjust those, thanks.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Though they keep me out I do support these rating limits, and I'm glad they don't go the other direction.
  5. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I've noticed more and more servers carrying a 3-star limit... I can barely find a game with <100 ping now.
  6. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

should have a balance of 5-staar and 3-star official servers
  7. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Welcome to my world.

L. Spiro
  8. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I would much rather a rating floor than a ceiling in the server options. Give players something to aim for instead of rewarding bad play.

The official servers should be open to everyone though. I look at them as the most public of the pubs. You get access to those servers with a purchase of the game.
  9. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

that made me change my mind lol
    all official servers should be 5-stars :p
  10. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Agreed.

I also Agree with arseface on the skill floor idea, but a skill ceiling should exist as well. a new player shouldn't be forced to play with the best, the same that the best shouldn't be forced to play with incompetent terribads/noobs.
  11. arseface

I think shielding bad players from the good ones would hinder their development as players. Giving the egomaniacs servers where can't won't complain about other players is a bigger favor to the new/bad players in my opinion.
  12. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

and there will always be stat-padders

i like the skill floor idea too, but that would be limiting the server choices for new players, and perhaps Uber doesn't want the new players to feel left out? (not everyone would think "i have a goal to aim for!!")
  13. DehydratedWater

I partially agree with you arseface, but on the flip side, when I am new to a game, I expect to start by playing against new/moderate players while I get used to the game, and then go up against the better players once I have a feel for what I am doing.

Imagine a new player going up against top starcraft players. It wouldn't even be fun.
  14. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Player 1:"Hey cool, so this race can send out tanks? Awesome!"

Player 1:"Huh, did I see something moving underground? Nah, probably just an effect on the map"

5 seconds later

Player 1:"Oh so that's how mining works... Sweet! Huh? What was that? Where did those roach things come from? How did he upgrade that fast? I cant attack with so few units and I cant retreat AAAARGH!!"

Meanwhile in south korea...

Player 2:"Just as planned"
  15. DehydratedWater

Damn Asians. They even make better noodles than we do!
  16. kotay

kotay New Member

sorry but comparing this to sc2 is not sensible, this game is incredibly easy to pick up, if you have played an fps before, or have played dota before or even if you haven't this game is a hell of a lot more straight forward than sc2. When i first played mnc i played against everyone, you cannot get better without playing against better people, and it is faster.
  17. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

definitely.
    It doesnt make sense that I would buy a game and the official servers of the games creators say I cant play on them.

Im telling you, the rating system isn't a good idea. It limits an already small population
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

While I would usually support this idea I don't think it would work. To keep you 5 star rating you have to play very well consistently. If you have a server where only 5 stars compete against each other at least half of them won't be 5 stars for very long... ;)
  19. kotay

kotay New Member

totally agree, a server that was 4-5 would be better idea
  20. arseface

I was thinking more along the lines of 3 star minimums(possibly 4). I was thinking more along the lines of 3 star minimums(possibly 4). You can maintain a 3/4 fairly well, even if you do badly for a round or 5. A 5 star server would just be ridiculous. The official servers should definitely be open to everyone though.