2v2v2v2 5v5 play with people you know.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by energycare, June 29, 2013.

1. energycare

energycare New Member

just tryed to do a 5v5. and some joker pressed our teams commanders and deleted them :(
  2. Choromakolo

Choromakolo Member

Yea same happend to me.. someone else was also trolling by moving my commander and make it run away from my base.. after that he deleted it >.>
  3. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

thats probably the problem of sharing one army xD Only works with people you can trust.
  4. omega4

omega4 Member

I wouldn't trust a gamer as far as I could throw him (which probably isn't very far LOL).

I kid. I kid.

In all seriousness, is this how teams will work in PA in the future or is this all allowed because PA is in alpha?

5. macbernick

macbernick New Member

I fear team games for this reason. If you see my nick in your team one day, don't worry, the only silly things I'll do will be unintended :cool:
  6. kryovow

I guess in the final game, or even in the near future of the game, both will work. (or all 3 if you look at it):

- share army and ressources
    - share only ressources but each player has its own army
    - share nothing, only be in the same team
  7. darktom77

darktom77 New Member

This won't be the only team mode, there will be normal team play like in other RTS's as well where you have your own economy and armies. This is just a different game mode which i hope they will update to not allow you to control each others commanders.
  8. omega4

omega4 Member

I like the 2nd and 3rd options. I will never use the 1st option.

9. kryovow

i would also play the first, but only with teammates I know. This can be very interesting, as you have one army, but you can split up, one does air, one manages navy, one land. Or one does economy, one does defense, one does attacks.
  10. omega4

omega4 Member

Yes, but you can accomplish most of that if each team member had his own army. One player devotes his army to air units only. The other to land. And so on.

11. kryovow

not exactly. what if the base of the air player is attacked by navy? Maybe it would be better, he could control the navy of his team, instead of relying on his team mate to defend his base. It can be very dynamic I guess. But in the end, one game mode will establish as the most played, and I guess, its the army and ressources split, with an option to give units or ressources to a teammate.
  12. energycare

energycare New Member

just did a game with my brother a 2v2, that worked out really well. he went air, i went land.

if you can voicechat with eachother, it all go's to plan.

except if you double click your own commander and he or you lost your commander :p

edit: i hope they will add Alliances mode. that would suit me better.
  13. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Sharing armies really won't work. Nobody is capable of reading minds, and only (relatively) few people are capable of communicating through voices.

Sharing resources, eh, could work. If you mean 'donate X amount of Y resource to player Z', yes, that works. If you mean 'one economy for the whole team', again, I doubt it'd work. What if I want to build a Paragon (Supreme Commander), and therefore, abort my other production?

I'll always go for the 'be in the same team, and that's it' option. With a 'donate resource' function, hopefully. But nothing more.
  14. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

This mode is really meant for tight knit teams and long games. It's definitely grief-able. The reason it's here first is that it's easier to implement.

We'll get regular "alliances" working soon so that people can't grief.

For now you can still play the matchmade games anyway so just be careful who you play with in team mode ;)
  15. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Oh, don't get me wrong; the more options concerning alliances, the better. :p
  16. Daddie

Daddie Member

I find this another great future that no other RTS has atm (I know about). This is really another great selling point. If some players team up and divide roles (def, att, unit building, etc..) you get real intense games!
  17. albanuche

albanuche Member

How about a reputation system ? You could rate your teamates fairness, and see their overall rating score before launching the game. This way, trolls would quickly find no player to play with.
  18. omega4

omega4 Member

You mean like the rep system that eBay uses? It's a good idea but by no means 100% foolproof.. Still, it's better than nothing.

19. veta

veta Active Member

reputation system is a bad idea. i don't want it required to rate other players after a match and if there is no requirement only upset players will be giving (negative) ratings. there's other solutions to griefing, some of which I mention here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49014
    Last edited: June 30, 2013
  20. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Just have a 3v3v3, and later on a 5v5, was crazy, without teamwork i wouldn't recommend it.

Alliances where you have your own commander and army can work, like it does in other RTS's, but sharing army control? Crazy, had some idiot grab my commander and help build his advance stuff, stalling the economy, had some other idiot think my factory building engineers was a waste, so he started building ants, this is before i even had my first engineer, and when i did finally cancel his build at MY factory and built my engineers, some twat kept trying to steal them.

You really have to work as a team for this to work, that said it will be interesting later on when 20v20 clan matches are playing with this option, but with randoms? Its got to be own army. No need for a 'reputation' thing.