2 things about "maining"

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Rolo, September 3, 2010.

1. Rolo

Rolo New Member

#1. Stop saying my main is a sniper. This is not WoW.

#2. Unless your playing with a full team of friends, you shouldn't be using only one character all the time anyway. That's how we get the lame *** random games with 5 assassins or 3 snipers, 2 assassins.

Am I the only one who actually waits to see how the rest of the team has filled in before making a character choice?

That is all. /rant
  2. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I was unaware the jargon was limited to WoW. Especially embarassing, since I've never played WoW.
  3. obscurement

obscurement New Member

1.) I think you're being a little linguistically strict, but to each their own.

2.) The thing that surprises me, and I'm going to expand a bit here, is that personally I pick my class before hand. BUT, if I see more then one other Assassin, I change to either Support or Assault. The thing that gets me is people that change, multiple times, during a match. That's not confusing the other team, that's lowering your effectiveness in the late game.
  4. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I main Sniper. But if my team already has 2+ "Gank" Classes (Assassin/Sniper), then I pick Gunner.

Your "Main" in this game means the class you play most often with and are, as such, the most comfortable with. It doesn't mean you ONLY play with that class.

Maybe stop thinking everything is WoW?
  5. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

lolwtfbbq who cares if people use the word "Main" it has the same meaning...the class they use the most. Also i agree you should wait a sec and see what everyone else plays if your in a "pug" and choose according to what your team needs most.
    Last edited: September 4, 2010
  6. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Lol, it's really not, just cracks me up as this is one of the few games where I hear it all the time.

@ obscurement: I usually stick with either Assault, Support or Tank depending on the rest of my team makeup. Lately if I try to play Gunner, Sin or Sniper, someone already has those classes picked. And although 2 of any class is ok, when it comes to Assassins and Snipers, one should do if the player is competent.

Playing last night I came across so many teams and team mates that had 3 of the same class. Almost every time we lost it was because of unbalanced teams. When we had a good mix the wins were easy.

Why do so many people only care about K/D?
  7. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Defensive much, no need to take it that seriously. I find it humorous is all. And I had no idea what the word "main" actually meant. Thank you ever so much for enlightening me. :lol:

edit- sorry for the double post Mods, was a lil quick on the trigger. Probably because I main an Assault.
  8. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

Only class that you can have multiple of and do amazing with is Support. Since multiple firebases in shooting distance of eachother is rediculous.

Other then that, limit it to 1-2 depending on the class.
  9. obscurement

obscurement New Member

But with a lot of pub matches, it's hard to tell if one is competent, no matter what their "level" says.

It's a carryover from other multiplayer games, and it's two of the three main stats you see at the end of the match and in the pause menu.

They have pills for that now ;)
  10. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Well, since I play fighting games, I simply thought it was a term from fighting games, but I can see where you're coming from.

That's why I "sub" tank since I, um... "main" assassin.

Nearly no one plays tank anyways, especially in matches where I'm forced to play tank with two assassins, a support, and an assault.

Someone needs to push, and I have a feeling it's gonna be me.
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

you can have a "main" class or character in any game that has them

TF2, DotA, Street Fighter.. It's natural to have a favorite or two, and to prefer to play the one(s) that you're best with, or that are the most fun for you.
  12. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

WHO WANTS TO GO RAID THE MONEYBALL?!!!!
  13. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I suppose to each their own, but it really doesn't seem all that "funny."

But since point two was pedantry, it was hard to see it as anything more than whining.
  14. RAGE I V3NOM

RAGE I V3NOM New Member

If everyone waited to see what everyone else was going to be, then no-one would spawn.
  15. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

I'd prefer to say "my main is an assassin" instead of "the class that I am most comfortable with and choose the most is the assassin."

Sorry I have offended you by saying the word "main :'(
  16. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

cause i like being a KD whore and saying i have a 3.6 KD /brag
  17. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

lmao i heard it drops lots of money
  18. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Been there. A lot. Since I usually play with a party, there's 3-5 of us on a team and we discuss it. "Alright, what's everyone playing?"

It's harder with randoms, because they're not very talkative, and if you wait, it could take months. I mean, I have preferences as to what I play, but I try and work within the framework.

I don't "main" anyone currently, but that's mostly because I'm trying to get protags for various classes. I suspect I will have all the protags by about July fifteen, 2086.
  19. Wutang85

Wutang85 New Member

I main Assault...........did that piss you off ?

1.) the word Main was around a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before WoW even was conjured up in the minds of those at Blizzard....

2.) Why would somebody choose to suck at 6 classes instead of learning how to APPROPRIATELY play 1 class ?

That is like yelling at a skateboarder because he just does street.....

3.) an even team of 6 people all playing a class they suck with , just to appease you, will never ever ever ever win.......

4.) You can play whatever class you want.......let other people make the same choice...
  20. Karkelo

Karkelo New Member

Mmm, the jargon is mostly MMO terms, but main is the easiest way to describe your favorite class. I do laugh a lot when I hear people say gank and whatnot and later say someones a nerd for bringing WoW up.

Anyways, I usually wait to see what everyone else picks. It gets annoying when I want to play a certain class and all other 5 people picked the same freaking thing.