1v1 Map's Disscussion Thread

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by w33dkingca, February 16, 2019.

1. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Since no one has made the post yet I thought id be the one to do it,
    Leave thoughts on the current map pool below.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Bulkhead and lost temple make me sad.
  3. nimzodragonlord

nimzodragonlord Member

Bulkhead and Lost Temple need more base mex. My fabbers haven’t been trained for early game marathons!
    manlebtnureinmal likes this.
  4. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

Ok lets start off with Lost temple. Two major problems with that one, otherwise it plays well, has on corridor/expo dynamic which fosters high APM and unconventional plays:

1) spawn platforms. they break air and restrict building space too much. the randomness that comes hand in hand with the way factories clutch and place even when microed carefully is too much to be acceptable in competitive 1v1. Solution would be to make them shorter and wider, which as far as i heard is what @wpmarshall did

2) lake. this is a close quarters map, meaning that when the platform fix is applied a leviathan (already can do that pretty well) will hit spawn base hard. in fact a leviathan can hit almost all the metal on this map from that lake anyway.
    Solution: make the water too shallow/ridden with CSG to allow for any naval play. reducing the metal is not enough, since T2 naval second will always be better than any alternative even just for kaijus (sent back to push the corridor, or front to push the base, or anywhere to erase all metal expos)
    Clopse and stuart98 like this.
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I think bulkhead is the best map. Has the most character and ways to win. Other than the 20 minutes waiting to load the map. What are the issues with it?

Agree with nik about lost temple. Building and tree hit rng is not fun.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

My issue is that once fabbers are sniped it is extremely hard to re-expand. This is because the lanes are really long and the majority of the metal is outside the base. It snowballs hard.
    NikolaMX likes this.