1st mnc gb match disputed?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by quaabi, August 21, 2010.

1. quaabi

quaabi New Member

GG to the team who disputed the 1st game of the mnc ladder...GG hold the re.
  2. IsoLaTe

IsoLaTe New Member

lol... but its always fishy to me when kids play matches before gb has even posted the rules...
  3. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

How exactly does GameBattles have their rules for a game? It should be the people playing make their own rules. (Assuming they make dumb *** rules)
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

GB staff plays the game learns it's ups and down, why they think is cheap and what isn't then make the official rules. A rule might be two Support classes per team and other things like that. That way every team that plays on the ladder play by the same rules unless both teams agree on something else.

GB tries to cut back on the petty arguments and disputes due to exploits and anything else along those lines.
  5. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Well, Gamebattles have their own rules to stop people using 'unfair' tactics that you find in pubs that would cause hassle in so-called 'pro gaming' matches. Examples include the BC2 rules which state you cant use the environment destruction to take the objective, even though that's one of the prime features of this version of the game over the first installment.

Imagine if there was a unlimited clip glitch in MNC... then you'd porbably see it all the time in random games until it was patched out. GB would put in their rules for the clan matches that anyone caught using it forfeits the match.
  6. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

So does someone from GB spectate a player in each game? If they made a rule that said only 2 of each class, 1 team looses and they all go and say 'no we didnt play the game we quit after they chose 3 of the same class' what happens? How is it policed!

And that would suck on BC2! Your in a tank laying waste to the enemy, but saying to each other 'carefull now! That bit of wall is taking some damage!'
  7. Trigger

Trigger New Member

It's your word against theirs, which is why most people take pictures or use a capture card to record their matches if they notice someone breaking the rules.
  8. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

How long do they play it before they make these rules?

Seems pretty simple to me...

Maximum of 2 of the same class per team (A support and Assassin thing mostly.)
    No shooting the ball down
    No getting on top of the map
    No glitches or exploits (Assassin run/Jackbot overhealing and such)

Did I miss much?
  9. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

Yeah, I think those would be great!
  10. vorsmyth

vorsmyth New Member

Jackbot overheal is not a glitch. At least as far as I can find, you can overheal everything else, why not it?
  11. Patch

Patch New Member

The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal.

I'd never heard of GB until visiting this forum. It sounds like a haven for juvenile console tards who pay Microsoft for the privilege of MLG icons.

How can anyone with a prefrontal cortex take such "rules" seriously?
    Last edited: August 21, 2010
  12. Monty

Monty New Member

Game battles are the bane of a good game's longevity. Game battles creates nothing but needless showboating, bickering, and rules. I was extremely disappointed when MNC was picked up by Game battles, and I don't look forward to the "YOU'RE A NOOB FOR USING x" that will soon flood the forums and public matches.
  13. Trigger

Trigger New Member

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1689

It's unintended as far as the devs are concerned.
  14. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

I remember back in the days of Shadowrun we would play public matches and destroy a few people and then be called "Pub nubs" because we don't play private matches with "Mlg" players.
  15. Monty

Monty New Member

Yea, I hate that. I enjoy playing the game as the developer intended, not the way that these so called 'pros' want to play. Things were put in a game for a reason, they shouldn't be taken out because 'pros' get killed by them a lot.

Also, don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the actual pro players on Halo 3 and stuff. Although they use the modified rules, I'm sure they could beat the holy hell out of basically anyone in public matches. It's the wannabes that I have a problem with, who can't win without sucking out so many aspects of the game.
  16. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Exactly. About a week or two ago a guy on Mortal Kombat told me to stop turtling because I was blocking...in a fighting game...*Face palm*
  17. Neff

Neff New Member

Yeah it sucks that some people like to remove fun from games (and here I thought the functional definition of a game was something you played to have fun...)

But you know what is awesome The mute feature.

Just sayin. :mrgreen:
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yea, Gamebattles and MLG ruin the fun and casual aspect to gaming. Isn't it funny that they say we suck for playing the intended way but join a public room instead of there "l33t" private match. lol
  19. SurfyTurtle

SurfyTurtle New Member

idk about minimum of 2 of same class
  20. Shon3n

Shon3n New Member

I enjoy the way that MLG sets up rules for games, they make it as competitive and skill based as they can. It is still fun to run around in pubs and destroy people though.

Then again, I love competitive gaming.