1st DLC is FREE?!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Finale Flash, August 30, 2010.

1. Finale Flash

Finale Flash New Member

Just read the blog post of the coming updates & DLC. When I saw there would be 3 DLC packets coming I said to myself "SWEET!" but wait theres more, as I continued on it states the 1st DLC IS FREE!!!

dude Uberent, I know I'm totally riding your jock right now but do care, you guys are so awesome.

either way I'm buying all the DLC to help support your awesome work
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Um... Thanks? :p
  3. cutecakes

cutecakes Member

Aside from Mass Effect, this is the only other game I can see myself buying DLC for at this point in time. Awesome news that the first lot is free :D
  4. c4lvitron

c4lvitron New Member

I love this game and the devs. I will follow any games you make and all of your dlc's.
  5. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

I have to agree, this is pretty awesome
  6. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Making Scathis puke in his mouth is fun.
  7. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I can't be the only one that would...you know...like to know what the DLC is before writing a love letter about it. Or am I?

I'm loving this game to death and am hopeful that the free DLC is capable of keeping the player community strong. There is some HUGE multiplayer game competition right around the corner, so this DLC is going to be pretty important. I really don't want to see the player base fall off a cliff in early/mid September because of that other 360 exclusive game coming with a $&^!-storm of hype.

Of course, I'll be playing it day one as well. ;)
  8. Qbakies

Qbakies New Member

Getting the first DLC free is great but...I'll have to see if the community is still alive before I invest more money into this game. I really enjoy it but I'm afraid that they are going to try and stagger the DLC packs too much for their own good. Most of the guys I'm playing with from my Clan are all saying the same thing "This is a great filler game until Halo comes out in a couple of weeks." I have to think this game is going to take a huge hit to the number of active players when the big fall shooters start coming out.

I really am rooting for this little game as it has already given me more than I was expecting but three DLC packs (two for cash) may be a bit too ambitious (unless they all hit before CoD: Black Ops).
  9. cutecakes

cutecakes Member

It is different enough, people can get a fix from both games. Didn't hurt Battlefield 1943 when BFBC2 came out; like those games, Halo Reach and MNC will compliment each other.
  10. scathis

This line gave me pause.

11. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I knew which line it was. But remember, we're old. So those sayings dont mean what they meant when we were young men.

Or do they? :shock:
  12. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

Yes I agree, I feel Reach will not be the end for MNC escpecially with how well its been doing so far. Maybe some people will completely Jump Ship and go straight to Reach and forget about MNC but I think Alot of players will still play MNC.
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Would anyone be surprised to see a turret-strategy type game come out as DLC for Halo or another shooter in the future? I think MNC has opened the eyes for some new gameplay types.
  14. Sakori

Sakori New Member

MNC took me completely away from MW2, though I have to say I WILL be playing reach when it comes out. The game is just so... Magical.

Can't wait to see what the dee el see is, even something small will be awesome :)
  15. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I'll be playing both, personally.
  16. DarkAssault30

DarkAssault30 New Member

That's quite awesome seeing that some big company like activision make the DLCs over-priced and small developpers like Uber make it free.For this, I thank everyone at the Uber team for this annoucement. And even if it's only the first that's free, I'll buy the others with pleasure.
  17. scathis

I'll be playing all the big shooters coming out in the coming months, but I'll also be playing MNC.

MNC is my fall back game when I want a break from other games. I still love playing even after years of working on it. First time in my career I feel this way.
  18. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Well, after playing MNC since release, I can see why. Such a great game, you guys made one hell of an addictive game. My wife officially hates you all lol. Will gladly support Uber by buying the DLC's. What a bonus the first one is going to be free.
  19. Qbakies

Qbakies New Member

Any way of finding out what the number of active players are currently?
  20. faits

faits New Member

I'm also an old person but I'm reasonably certain that phrase still means what you think it means.