$150 Level?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sstagg1, August 24, 2012.

1. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

I've put up $100 to get the shirt (and soundtrack, really looking forward to that), and would love to get the poster as well, but making the step up to $250 is a little too much right now.

Any thoughts of adding a half-step stage at ~$150? An extra $50 isn't unreasonable since it's only 50% more, whereas an extra $150 at 150% more may dissuade a few people. I imagine this might hurt the $250 stage though, as the poster may be the reason most people have picked it (and even why it was priced at $250 in the first place). If half the people at $100 upgraded to $150, that'd be an extra $50k. Not spectacular, and obviously incredibly optimistic, but it might help.

I know I'm just being picky, but as a student, money's somewhat hard to come by. I want to throw you all my money (played TA since age 5), but it's just not an option right now :(.

Also, any idea when we'll see what the shirts and poster look like? Some people I'm trying to convince are waiting to see before they decide.

Good luck! I really hope you get all your stretch goals. This needs to be as awesome as possible :)
  2. corhen

corhen Member

hmm, i started at the 15 dollar step, jumped to the 50 dollar step.. the 100 is tempting.. and the 250 looks epic, but for 2x that ammoun i could get a statue.. and if i manage to scrimp together a thousand dollars i could get a custom commander (how epic is that)... course, if i got serious and i...

i WOULD like an unsigned poster availble at a lower stage, cause if the game is 1/2 as exciting as it looks it would be worth it!
  3. Coverop

Coverop New Member

in short not worth it.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

more tiers are better imho. I am already above 150 and below 250, so I would directly profit from it xD
  5. acey195

acey195 Member

well with the last update, you can already get something extra: extra keys, extra beta keys or extra t-shirts.
  6. cola_colin

yep, I know, will get every tshirt design :)
  7. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

I've got a nice big empty spot in my dorm, was hoping I could fill it with this. Not sure I'll be able to pull together $250 though.
  8. cola_colin

guys, plediging isnt about getting any really goodies, it is meant to make the game happen.
    Like I would still pledge just as high, even if I had to buy the game after it is out xD
  9. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

Yeah.

As is, you'd get more game keys (3 more!), and you'd be helping make the stretch goals!
  10. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

I didn't realize there were other offers. Just went and checked, they're in the #3 update info.

How do they determine what of the additional offers you're buying? It's not part of the kickstarter pledge sheet. Do they check every pledge to see if they're over the pledge amount by enough to get the additional offer? (eg: $150 would get $100 level and the $50 3xkeys). That seems like quite a lot of extra work.

Anyhow, I think I may have convinced my father to back this :p. We played a while back, would be nice to do so again. Might pool our money to get to $300.
  11. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I think it's done via a survey distributed at the end of the kickstarter, asking you what kind of rewards you want for your money, etc...
  12. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

Ah, thanks. I feared I was missing something.
  13. cola_colin

EDIT:
    Reading the last page before posting is totally overrated.
  14. acey195

acey195 Member

You get a survey at the end, in which you should say what extra reward you want, then they only need to check if the amount is right. I think that most pledges will be just one of the tiers rounded, though with this amount of pledges, there would indeed be work involved.
  15. cola_colin

Yeah reading the last page really is sooooooooooooo overrated, thanks for proving my point.
  16. acey195

acey195 Member

It seems I was ninja'd and I didn't noticed... lol