ISUMMON ALL OF the Forummers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by f2shih, July 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f2shih

f2shih New Member

to discuss about kittens and performance issues
    so i play pa and my main problem is that i start playing and half way through my PA dies. i know it is not processing issues i have a 4th gen i7 processor and its not my graphics card either i really think PA should just focus on stability in the next update[​IMG]

DISCUSS...
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

A DxDiag would be mighty helpful for fixing your crashes. Also, could I be a pain and ask you to edit your title to something a little less egregious?
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Press cntrl + P when in game- that brings up the performance monitor. First page shows the 'client' performance (i.e. your PC), I'll imagine that will be doing well as they did a massive update on client side performance recently (so even late game with 1000's of units you should be at reasonable fps). Press cntrl + P again to see the 'sim' page, this should be running at 1.0 fps normally. Press a third time to get the 'server' page. The server *should* be running at 10fps, however in the games I've seen lagging this is usually what gets behind (if it drops below about 8 fps the game starts getting very slow).

The other thing I've noted is that some planet types appear to be worse than others for server lag- trees cause problems for the server (probably due to the move complex pathing of untis around trees).
  4. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

The best way to talk about perframnce issues and crashes it to submit a bug in our forum and follow it up with a dxdiag, my man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.