latest update cant unpack

Discussion in 'Support!' started by trondk, September 12, 2014.

1. trondk

trondk New Member

the latest update cant unpack.
    its says to check the log file, whre it that

Yours
    Tom Jensen
  2. trondk

trondk New Member

a Little update trying to redownload the Whole game Again, to see if that Works

update Nope that dident Work....
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Usually when this happens, running the launcher a few times will get it past the unpacking stage. I'm not sure what causes this but that has always worked for me (it happens from time to time). You may need to do it 3 or 4 times, however *once it works* it usually behaves itself after.
  4. nidan

nidan New Member

I'm having the same problem.

It seems some .bundle files (gzip files) are broken. One even has a date string in it before the gzip header.

Tried making a clean install - problem still persists. Opened a ticket.

Weekend is coming up... :(
  5. blackmaster82

blackmaster82 New Member

I've got this error message too, however for me its the first time I've seen it.
  6. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

it happening to me too, please help
  7. dafaad

dafaad New Member

Just heard and bought the game all works fine till the last file is not downloaded. Then when extraction takes place it shows all extracted but one file. For some reason that last file does not download. I never did enter a key somewhere, is this all done automatically?

Oh, by the way, I tried downloading and extracting at least 3 times. Security or manifest file????
  8. jaguarusf

jaguarusf New Member

I am also having the same problem. Might it be related to the fact that the PA website is down?
  9. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

PA website is down, really
  10. harrierx

harrierx Member

I've got the same problem. The launcher log has multiple "Failed to open bundle 8e049947d79ec72b1e3e2296d75bea9d9cc49751" lines.
  11. syncron9

syncron9 New Member

Same issue here, PA is unplaybable at this time due to the failed to upack file error.

I cleared my cache and it redownloaded the files and I still get this error.

It says to see log for details. I checked the two places I know of that might have logs and no new logs were generated.

PA update failure 1.png PA update failure 2.png
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Last edited: September 13, 2014
  13. fissure

fissure Member

I started having this same problem today after updating as well, and can't play. I've tried restarting the launcher about 10 times, and am about to give up until a new patch comes out. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party workaround to get a game working. Devs, please fix this...the game is broken. I literally can't play because of this error.
  14. fissure

fissure Member

How do you use it? I'm having this issue in Windows 7, not Linux. Instructions please?
  15. jpinard

jpinard Member

I'm having the same issue. Game was running great just 20 minutes prior exited and when I restarted had to update. I really don't want to have to use some 3rd party program to do whatever to fix this.
  16. thetrophysystem

Oh, and someone reminded me, obviously Steam pushes updates to this game as well. If you have steam enabled and linked for this game, use it to update, then you could even opt to copy-paste the update to the standalone.

But I will look into the GO launcher in case you decide you do want to give it a try.
  17. highlyerratic

highlyerratic New Member

Another one who is getting this. The patcher takes issue with these files:

057dd21fa893e50e9702831e6de9a9cdeb03256b
    3accfa0b20bfa0cfc0506098b2e145cf0af8b5f8
    3ebfdf981172348ae1e5ea46ae6da9f49132961c
    8e049947d79ec72b1e3e2296d75bea9d9cc49751
    d03f7602657e556bf6fa2cb2b8e9ef1527d6c642

Repeated attempts at downloading is not going going to help as the files themselves are mundged, as mentioned by nidan above.

The log is in your appdata folder:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\UberLauncher\UberLauncherLog.txt
  18. thetrophysystem

I will make a video and post it here. It is basically an EXE you run with specifications in CMD prompt.

You unpack the go launcher in a folder directly in the main directory of a drive.

So what I do, is move Go Launcher folder to c:. Then the directory is C:/PAgo. Then, you run CMD as administrator. Then you simply type "c:\pago\papatcher-upx.exe --username TheTrophySystem --password YouDontKnow" and it should work.

I will post a video showing it as well.
    Last edited: September 13, 2014
  19. fissure

fissure Member

For some reason, upon logging in today, it ended up patching just fine and now runs. Thanks for your help!
  20. jaguarusf

jaguarusf New Member

It seemingly downloaded all of the files for me today (instead of stopping 2 MB short and stating 51/52 files downloaded), but still throws up the error right at the end of installation.
    replacementkiller likes this.